The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Bikes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will90Eclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2004
Boone, North_Carolina
I'm thinking about getting a street bike, does any one have anything good to say about a specific brand(Honda, Suzuki, etc):confused: I figure I can save money on gas and still go like Hell:thumb:

True, but I could get a new bike for $7000,$8000 maybe buy some performance parts and still come out cheaper. In the long run;)

look for used bikes.

my buddy just picked up a 91 Yamaha FZR600(something like that) for 1500, its pretty ####ing fast, and looks like a newer bike does(not like a older 80's bike).

a new bike will cost alot, plus youll need full coverage if you finance it.

I was thinking about doing that too, Hopefully if I keep looking I'll find one for around $2000 or something. Like you said as long as it's not a 80's model most models look good:thumb:

Thanks Guys:D

lots of good info here, www.starboyz.com/vboard, as well as bikes for sale
i prefer suzuki - you can pick up an older gsxr for not too much $ - also look at maybe a honda f3 or f4

I did exactly what you said. I bought a bike that goes like hell and saved on Gas huge.

I bought a 02 CBR600 F4i and loved riding it. I crashed it at the track on Oct 1st, spent 6 weeks in the hospital with a Compound Fractured Tibia (lower bone is leg between ankel and knee) in about 30-40 spots, massive soft tissue loss below my knee (road rash to the bone) and dislocated shoulder. 4 operations and a lot of pain later I'm sitting at home now on disability insurance and still can't walk. I have a plate for 12 screws in my bone because of it.

I was drag racing the bike and fell going 11.4 @ 126mph if you can imagine that... I sitll don't discourage anybody from riding, just be safe when you do and know that you WILL fall it's just a matter of time. Make sure you fall going slow not like me.

DSMJim said:
just be safe when you do and know that you WILL fall it's just a matter of time. Make sure you fall going slow not like me.

there are two types of riders. ones who have fallen, and ones who will fall. like jim said, its a matter of time, and its best to be prepared as much as you can. i have no doubts that jim was wearing more than sufficient protection and even thats not enough at those speeds, but its better to be safe than sorry. invest in good protection, cause one day you WILL use it.

I personally ride a 1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650. Once you see one and ride one, there is nothing that you want more. Honda only made them from 88-91 and they have a V-Twin engine and a single sided swingarm, which was way ahead of its time...
I customized mine a little, notice the viper yellow paint and 64 impala tail lights... :sneaky:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Oh, and the best part is, even the Harley guys give you respect because they don't know what the hell you are riding.

Thanks guys, but it turns out I'm not going to be buying a bike soon:cry: Yesterday I was 4-wheeling with my dads 86 Ranger and sucked water into the intake:cry: I have to buy a him a rebuilt motor and put it in as punishment:cry:
F***ing Water Holes

BTW Very nice bikes guys:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back