The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DD that's fun on track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know I have not really updated this ever but with all the time and thought that goes into making sure I do things right the first time it is hard to remember to contribute to something that has helped me out so much through my DSM ownership. So then an update is in order.

Well a lot has happened in the past... 3 years, I think? Either way the first year was absolute heck. I mean it was BAD. I hate cramped engine bays and the 2g auto is as bad as I had ever seen up to this point. So first it was maintenance, timing components, plugs wires. You know the drill. Oil leaks, updated hydraulic lifters, replacing the worn out intake plumbing, coolant leaks, replacing all coolant hoses and radiator. I also replaced the stock T25 turbo with a 16G I bought off a fella on here. A rebuild later and it works wonderfully. I also welded (or boogered) up an exhaust cutout just after the downpipe. I plan on running it straight out the rear bypassing the stock exhaust entirely while still keeping the stock exhaust intact as to not piss off the neighbors. It was a lot of fun...

After the first winter it was suspension. A few hundred dollars, a month on jack stands, and a notice from the city that if it wasn't fixed it had to be moved, everything had been replaced. Even my rear subframe which was particularly hard to track down. after that I began tearing off body panels to find my favorite lots of rust. A month of grinding, cutting, and welding later and the driver side rear wheel well, lower body below the door, and behind the front fender are all filled with fresh metal. I am also a far better welder now so I guess that's a plus? Ohh and I had tp replace shocks and springs so I just grabbed a cheap set of coilovers. 700$ well spent. I really like the tighter feel. Its how I always imagined it driving.

Over the fall and winter I did a lot of electrical work. Removed the radio to install switches (I will upload pics of that as I am particularly proud of how well that turned out). I added a fuse box behind the glove box. I threw in the new fuel pump. I replaced the speakers and made brackets so I could fit the rears in properly. Installed an amp and bluetooth receiver so I could have music even though I did not have a radio. Ohh and I finally got Link!

This spring has started off... not so good. I picked up a frostbite intercooler so I wouldn't have to replace my fog lights but mounting it has proven to be challenging. That is still a work in progress so I will save the details for later. I have switched to speed density but have yet to tune it so I'm not looking forward to that adventure. I have ordered a cone filter and sock with some other goodies ill need to get rid of the stock MAF. I still have not ordered 1250cc injectors but I will eventually once I feel comfortable enough with Link and SD to take on that job.

In all it has been a road of blood sweat and swearing. I hate the car but love it at the same time. Some days I don't want to look at it but for some reason can't help tinkering with it even for just an hour. I worry what this will turn into before it ends... If it ends LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back