The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Strange engine noise (Video included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo_dsm

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 1, 2009
New Britain, Connecticut
I didn't drive the car for a few days, put the stock airbox back on and fixed the throttle cable (the bolts on the mani broke off).

I started it up and connected a obd2 scanner to see any codes/live data then i drove the car and i noticed that the clutch pedal slightly vibrates and that the engine makes a strange noise after 4-5k rpm. The car seems louder and slower.

My father said that it sounds like "advanced ignition" so i checked the timing and its set right.

Here is the video: YouTube - Talon tsi awd engine problem

The noise seems to be coming from the intake manifold but I have no idea what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated.

I take it the bolts on the intake (mani) broke? I would recheck all the work done to make sure there are no leaks or loose parts. I know it isn't easy to replace intake mani bolts with head in place.

No the bolts on the intake manifold that hold the throttle cable broke, but ill check the bolts that hold the manifold it's self too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back