The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Strange Electrical Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnhieu

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2004
panama city, Florida
My friend owns a 99GS-T. He started the car and the radio, interior lights, and radiator and A/C fans dont work. He checked all of his fuses and all of them are fine. Can you guys give me some direction on how to tackle this issue?

Your going to have to get yourself a service manual with wiring schematics and trace some of the wiring to find the problem.

Did he do any wiring before all this happened? Did he take anything apart? I would start by checking all your connections and go from there. good luck fella

also check the fussable link fuses, they are the big ones there should be a small fuse block right off the positive post of the battery there should be three one for the ecu and the other one is for ignition and the other i beleve is for accessory, check those and also the the 50 amp fuses in the fuse block

He has done all of that, including checking the fuses and links. Now his gauge lights dont work. The weird part about it is that when the key is out and the headlights come on, the gauge cluster lights up dimly. With the key in, the gauge cluster doesnt light up at all. The turbo timer also turns on only when the key is out and the lights are off.

BTW, all of this started happening after he installed glow shift electronic boost gauge and water temp gauge. The power was hooked up to the radio.

turns out that his roomlight fuse link is messed up. Problem is that I dont know much about electrical wiring, etc...... I dont know where to start on that. And his dash lights still dont work....

We have been working on this thing for a while because he has to DD the DSM..... sorry for long spaces between posts....

We grounded the dimmer switch and still no luck....... any help is appreciated.

Have you tried tracing any wires? Like following them through the firewall to the fuse box? Checked all your grounds?

Has he installed anything recently that may of melted wiring together?

I had the same problem in a 1g, but it was the previous owner installed the waste gate dump tube directly to the top of the wiring loom going down between the radiator and condensor. This I did not know untill I was completely done with my body swaps and started pulling the harness.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back