The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Straight cut housing for Quaife ATB Central LSD QDH9B

Would you be interested in a group order of straight cut housings for Quaife ATB QDH9B Central LSD?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I should've bought everything I needed back in the day but life happens and the car was put on the back burner. Anyway just found a used EVO3 center dif gear set on Ebay from Sweden. Fingers crossed.

Tim,

back in the day wasn't like shep or someone doing a torington on the bottom as well? I don't see why that's not a viable option. Might have to pocket the top a little deeper and jockey some things around to make it work.

As for the top cap they have to be pretty torched to not be saveable. Usually that part is machined out for the torington bearing pocket, and then I give it a quick hone and it's usually golden. I've only had a couple that were that bad, and I used em for a welded diff.

Lastly for all. Is the LSD really that big of a deal? I wanted one bad, as I would always spin one front tire, then I got a quaife front lsd and the taller first gear of the dogbox, and tire spin really isn't an issue anymore.

In the past I ran the evo1 final drives, and dsm first, so I had 10% more torque at the tires than everyone else, so it was bad, but I'm anxious to try the front lsd out with a stock gearset and see how it works out. The low first is just so nice for drag use, don't have to murder the clutch to get the car to leave good. Just gotta be ready for that 1-2, it comes quick!
Yeah someone was doing a lower Torrington i think, but I believe it was in the later style housings, not the 90 style. I would suspect it was Jack.

But with the PPG housing, the front diff pinion shim set works perfectly and you have a range to choose from. Granted, they may be difficult to get the shim set new anymore but if you have a huge stockpile of stock front diffs like I have, I could literally tear them down and have plenty to work with, and those shims never really wore out in stock front diffs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back