The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

stock turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hectorb25

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2011
miami, Florida
I'm.changing my stock blown turbo to the exact same stock one new ofcourse , only thing is I don't know the steps to do it correctly can anyone help me in this topic please ?

Hopefully you didn't spend a fortune on a new T25. You can get them on here for dirt cheap and JusMX141 could have rebuilt it like new for cheap.

It's not all that hard to swap out the turbo, it was one of my first things I did.

New parts you want on hand are exhaust manifold studs (if you take the manifold off), 4 new OEM turbo to manifold bolts, 8 OEM conical washer for the manifold bolts, new gaskets (down pipe, oil return gaskets, exhaust manifold, o2 housing, turbo to manifold [I highly suggest getting the OEM MLS gasket and not the SS gasket])

Drain coolant, drain oil. Remove intake pipe, manifold heat shield, upper radiator hose, unbolt the down pipe from the o2 housing, and remove the IC pipe coming off of the compressor outlet on the turbo. You'll want to remove the o2 housing heat shield if you still have it on and you'll either need to cut the shield or remove the o2 sensor first.

If you want more room, you can remove the radiator although it's not required.

Follow the lines coming off of the turbo. You'll have an oil inlet line which you'll un hook, 2 coolant lines which you'll remove (coolant will flow out so be ready), and then the oil drain line which will need unbolted from the turbo and possibly the oil pan.

If you haven't done so already, remove the o2 sensor. All you should have left hanging is the exhaust manifold, turbo and o2 housing. You have a choice, either remove the unit as 1 assembly by unbolting the exhaust manifold, or remove the turbo from the exhaust manifold via the 4 bolts that hold it on.

That's all there is to it.

This will be very similar to the T25 in terms of what you need to do.
EVO 16G install

There isn't really anything at all that can get messed up. Just be sure not to get anything in the turbo by accident LOL and remove any towels/rags being used to block holes before re installation.

If you feel worried with this, find a local DSMer from on here and have them help you. There is no need to have a shop do this work unless you don't have any tools :p

Miami Area DSM Forum - DSM Forums

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back