The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Stock Timing On A 96 AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NICKYTALON

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2002
BRONX_NY
do any of you guys know how high the timing will go on a 96 tsi awd i get 14deg in third with the o2 volts @.96 alomst no knock i see reports of guys getting 18-22 how can get that advance?? i have a dsmlink but when i advance the timing i get knock? any ideas

With proper tuning it can climb to 18-21 degrees at the top of the gear.

what more should i do to ge t it to go up there i am anti-dyno i no that sounds stupid but 2 different shops w/awd dynos tuner the car & both times i was 900deg c. at the top of third with 11 deg of timing my seat dyno w/adsmlink has gotten me 14deg of timing & lower egt temps .96 on the 02 voltage & almost no knock should i advance timing/retard if i raise timing should i add more fuel at that rpm point if so how much

I believe the sweet spot for 2g's with the dsmlink is a 2-3 degree advance in the base timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back