The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

stock rs turbo laser vs. tiburon gt (v6)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr1ck said:
I speak from experience in the tiburon matter. I used to own one. In fact, I just got rid of it last month... Stock, my best time was a 15.286 @ 91mph. With I/H/E my best time was a 14.704 @ 90mph. I have raced a few stock GSX eclipses in the street and they kill me on the launch but I start reeling them in rather handily...

With just an intake and headers he should be hitting 14.8's to 14.9..

Is your laser RS AWD? if you are both equal drivers, I think it will be a tossup. if he can't drive, you should beat him.

I got rid of the tiburon to go back to a DSM.. My next project is going to be a built eclipse RS. I used to own one and now I want it back.

I have heard of several Tibbys GT's running mid 14s with those exact mods.

the original motor trend "first drive" article listed them with an estimated time of 0-60 at 8.0 , just the other day i picked up the current motor trend which lists the actual 0-60 time at 7.0 so there's the second difference right there.

mitsuclipsegsx said:
15's... i read an article their like 16's its 0-60 was like 8 sec

thats why you shouldn't believe a magazine.

pr1ck said:
I speak from experience in the tiburon matter. I used to own one. In fact, I just got rid of it last month... Stock, my best time was a 15.286 @ 91mph. With I/H/E my best time was a 14.704 @ 90mph. I have raced a few stock GSX eclipses in the street and they kill me on the launch but I start reeling them in rather handily...

With just an intake and headers he should be hitting 14.8's to 14.9..

Is your laser RS AWD? if you are both equal drivers, I think it will be a tossup. if he can't drive, you should beat him.

I got rid of the tiburon to go back to a DSM.. My next project is going to be a built eclipse RS. I used to own one and now I want it back.

thats funny,i plan to trade in for a v6 tibby..

my buddy too,he took the car for a test run today..ill followed him,then we raced on the Autobahn..from about 50mph(90kmh) to 110ish(180kmh) ..i was always a 3/4 carlenth ahead....----> but i heard him overrev 2nd and 3rd...(i guess he was making mistakes when to shift and all that..he should have won... :confused:

pr1ck said:
thats why you shouldn't believe a magazine.

thats wierd too...i saw one magazine qoute a 7.3 o-60mph,another 7.7..and another 8.2secs...but magazines always have different times..u should never use em as a fact..just as a reference: 0-6otime +/- 0.5 secs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back