The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Stock manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaskTSI

Proven Member
Aug 17, 2019
St. Brieux, SK_Canada
Is it normal for the manifold to start glowing red after some solid abuse? I've never actually noticed before if it has ever happened but tonight I was driving it pretty hard and when I got home I popped the hood to see how much oil I sprayed all over everything(this motor is pretty far gone and needs every seal and gasket known to man) and I noticed it was bright red

I dont think it does it under reasonable driving, I've never thought to check

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is very normal during the pull but usually it dissipates quickly. I would be surprised if it lasted longer then a few seconds. I watched one on a dyno once glow red during the pull then in a matter of seconds it was gone once the pull was over. Kisses Nora
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's why they came with a heat shield and an asbestos type cover under the hood from the factory. Gases are like 1000°+. My Talon glowed red from sustained mountain driving on the interstate when it was on the stock tune, an FP manifold, and the original 14b.

Then again, you could be lean as all hell. You have an EGR gauge and/or wideband?

PS. oil spraying all over the place is a recipe for BBQ DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back