The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock Infinity Amp after radio install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Chase

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Senoia, Georgia
My car has an aftermarket JVC radio and the guy before me seems to have cut some of the amp wires right near the plug and unplugged the amp completely, the amp is still there. What i am wondering is will the amp even function if i plug it back up, will it make my speakers sound better with the aftermarket head unit? Also is there a fuse for the amp?

With an aftermarket head unit there is no need to use factory amp since new head units are powerful enough for stock (or similar-sized aftermarket) speakers.

If you want better (cleaner) sound, you can upgrade the speakers and perhaps add a small boom box for bass.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back