The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Stock gauge cluster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonjffrs96

Proven Member
Nov 2, 2019
Bronson, Michigan
This might be a really stupid question but I need to know. Someone told me that my gauge cluster is NOT stock. They told me that the only year that had a oem white gauge cluster was the 99 models. Is this true? I looked around and can’t seem to find a definite answer. I own a white 98 GSX that was manufactured in August of 97. The cluster indicates that there’s only 73k miles on the car/motor. So if the cluster is in fact not oem for that year I’m going to be very upset.

FYI I’m in the market for a evo wheel or even the stock oem wheel so please ignore this not so nice one that’s installed.

Attachments

• F39A5771-9685-47EE-8056-88FB158C98A6.png
    F39A5771-9685-47EE-8056-88FB158C98A6.png
    650.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Looks like a gauge overlay to me. That does it say on the tach under the 4 and 5k rpms?

ive always assumed for whatever reason that was oem. Says hiper or something. So you’re assuming it’s the stock cluster just with overlays? Probably to match the a pillar gauges I’d assume.

For reference this is the stock 2g cluster that came in the 99s:

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/scored-at-the-boneyard-cluster-gauges.326463/

i seen that thread and that’s what lead me to ask. The cluster looks really good and what I thought was oem so I never questioned it until now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a hayame gauge overlay long gone now,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back