1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Resolved Stock gauge cluster?

Posted by Brandonjffrs96, Feb 24, 2020

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Brandonjffrs96

Brandonjffrs96 Proven Member

Joined Nov 2, 2019
    Bronson, Michigan
    This might be a really stupid question but I need to know. Someone told me that my gauge cluster is NOT stock. They told me that the only year that had a oem white gauge cluster was the 99 models. Is this true? I looked around and can’t seem to find a definite answer. I own a white 98 GSX that was manufactured in August of 97. The cluster indicates that there’s only 73k miles on the car/motor. So if the cluster is in fact not oem for that year I’m going to be very upset.

FYI I’m in the market for a evo wheel or even the stock oem wheel so please ignore this not so nice one that’s installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020

Road Race Build 228  8

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. dsmcrzy

dsmcrzy Proven Member

Joined Dec 20, 2009
    Trenton, Ohio
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020

Street Build 4K  12

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Brandonjffrs96

Brandonjffrs96 Proven Member

Joined Nov 2, 2019
    Bronson, Michigan
    ive always assumed for whatever reason that was oem. Says hiper or something. So you’re assuming it’s the stock cluster just with overlays? Probably to match the a pillar gauges I’d assume.

i seen that thread and that’s what lead me to ask. The cluster looks really good and what I thought was oem so I never questioned it until now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020

Road Race Build 228  8

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. dsmcrzy

dsmcrzy Proven Member

Joined Dec 20, 2009
    Trenton, Ohio
    Yeah those are gauge face overlays on the stock cluster. The OEM stuff never said anything like that on them.

Street Build 4K  12

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Thats a hayame gauge overlay long gone now,

Road Race Build 10K  10  55

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    my98gsx and Brandonjffrs96 like this.