The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock converter with td05 20g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsd123

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2006
Hickory, North_Carolina
I've been searching for a bit but I can't find anyone running the td05 20g. I just need to know if I will be able to get into boost while foot breaking. I put an hx35 on it in a custom 7cm bolt on housing, but it doesn't spool early enough for the stock converter. I get about 2800 out of it before it stops. At maybe 1psi. I already have the 20g is why I was wondering. My engine is just a stock 6 bolt with Crower 272's.

I realized I wouldn't be able to spool the hx35 fairly quick LOL. Changing the turbo is the cheapest option for me right now. Just really hoping it does spool with the 20g.

You should be able to spool a 20g, good luck ever getting that hx35 to spool on a stock motor without nitrous. Our 2.3 stroker takes 7 seconds to spool an dbb FP black without nitrous, and our stall is 3100.

Oh really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R8X6mxryfE]Stock converter hx35 auto launch - YouTube[/ame]

Peepers has run many 10.0x this year with his hx35 with the stock 6 bolt and stock converter. However, his setup is a little skewed due to his custom manifold he built with smaller runners than most use.

I know it takes about 5-7 seconds or so for him to get on the stall right now.

OP you should have no trouble stalling a 20g on a stock converter.

T4 TS on an 18cm housing and you can spool that on a stock converter? I am not that far in my build, but from what I've been looking at I got the impression that a stock converter on a 2.0 could not get an HX40 to build any decent boost decent on the line, with any manifold/turbine housing combo. This may change my build plans.

Thanks for the input guys. I have watched videos of peeper's car. I was wondering how he did it. Good to know.

A proper twin scroll setup like beans or peepers can do wonders on a 2.0 as long as you don't go overly aggressive with cam size or intake manifold systems. Anything tdo5 based turbo should be be able to spool up within 4-6 seconds depending on tune and supporting mods. Remember cam profile makes a big difference by shifting the powerband up or down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back