The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stock Boost [Merged 5-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gs-tHaVoC

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2002
Greater_Cincinnati_Ohio
hehe kinda dumb question but whats stock boost on my car? just wondering if its worth it to install a boost controller and gauge without bov thats all. thanx

My stock boost on my 95 GSX was 12 psi. I believe that 1G's are around the 10 psi range.

You guys are telling me ball park where i was thinking do any of you know of a web page that has stock boost listed and stock specs. Like I own an FD and i have 3 web pages that list everyone on my car is there a page like that for DSMs?

Copied directly from www.1000q.dsm.org

What is the stock boost pressure on a [DSM]?

Many questions of this type can be answered by the following references:

* A search of the Club DSM archives at http://search.dsm.org (alternate link here);
* Referring to the factory shop manual;
* Looking at the factory brochures;
* Reading the owners information manual.

1G cars have a stock boost pressure of 8-12 psi. 2G cars have 10-15 psi. The service manual allows lower pressures, but those are rarely seen in actual vehicles.

VFAQ is helpful :thumb:

This ? might have been answered already, but i searched and couldnt find anything. How much boost would yall recommend running on a stock motor? Thanks :talon:

It all depends on the mods that you have done. Once you get that out of the way it depends on the condition of your motor. There are to many variables to give an exact number.

Just wondering what the most boost you have ran with a basically stock 1G with stock injectors and fuel pump.

ive run about 22psi or so (C16)...

On a car that is bone stock with pump, you shoudl be cautious of reliability if running more than 16 or so.

You really need a logger to determine how much boost is safe. It varies from vehicle to vehicle. Do some more research, there is plent of info on this subject.

ACKERSON said:
You really need a logger to determine how much boost is safe. It varies from vehicle to vehicle. Do some more research, there is plent of info on this subject.

Agreed.

My mods are 2.25" upper pipe, HKS throttle body elbow, 2.5" downpipe with no cat, k&n filter in stock can. My car is making 19psi and then slowly falls to 16psi and holds there till redline.

It doesn't matter what all of you guys are running. I've tuned many dsm's and they are never the same. You can have two cars with the exact same mods and they are going to handle different amounts of boost safely. He needs a logger of some type to determine a SAFE boost level. So stop posting what you are running because it is irrelevant to his setup.

buddy of mine has a 1g car and he's running 8 psi. he says it's stock but i just can't see it. thinkin it's more like 12 maybe? someone help me out here. i haven't run stock boost in so long that i can't remember. i have to help him get his car going faster. thanks!

scott

ChrisFlo said:
I've heard 11-12 is stock. Lower readings may be the result of a leak.

Or a malfunctioning wastegate, a worn actuator, or issues with knock registering on the knock sensor.

Cracks around the wategate hole on the turbine housing can cause low boost if they're severe enough, but usually don't. A worn wastegate actuator spring will cause the arm to move prematurely. Knock will cause the ECU to stop bleeding air via the BCS, which will lower boost to about 9-10PSI. Differences in pressure gauge readings could show this as 8-9PSI....

i know 12 is around stock on a 2g. but think it's a lil lower on a 1g. just wish i knew that figure. he's running 8 psi and i'm thinkin that's as low as the wastegate will allow for. thinkin something's up. he's trying to figure out why a buddy of his can outrun him and i'm trying to secretly help him out so he can be the faster of the 2. if he's on low boost, that'd probably be the reason why i'm sure. just trying to help out though.

thanks for any help on this.

scott

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back