The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash stock 2g gst file

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shwilson

Probationary Member
Sep 20, 2021
armada, Michigan
hi I'm really new to this i just bought a 95 Talon GST and was told it had DSMLink, but found out it was wired for ECUflash. I'm having trouble tuning it and would like to start from stock. Does any one have a stock file?

Also is it normal to try to die out when the pedal is pressed down like 15% with no tune. The car is running a 16g turbo. 550 RC injectors. 3in exhaust. and stock MAF I think. The tune has ceddy mods in it, the ecu supposedly came out of a different car.

I bought the car from some kid that said he had a bunch of work done but lost interest before it just retuned. any help would be appreciated

Thank you for the link. But ive tried ceddy and there site is down. Been down for awhile ive looked everywhere for these files and had no luck. Even thought about going to dealership

The wayback machine mirrors sites. You can get the cached files from sites that are gone as well has those that have changed. I retrieved several files today but you may need to pick a time when thee files were available.

i messaged him, hopfully he ges back to me. i feel like im running around in circles trying to tune this car. and as for using wayback machine its does not have the files that i could find. i never heard of that site till now

Replied to your PM. The nice thing about the blackbox ecu in our series is that regardless of the ROMID they were originally flashed with they can be reflashed with the 9055 rom that Ceddy worked from. So when I give a "stock" rom out its the 9055 factory configuration with the additional ceddymods code. Not necessarily the exact stock tune that was flashed on that particular ECU.

ok cool. im honestly new to the tuning stuff, ecuflash is being difficult with the map scaling. and am i suppose to change the hex code to what it tells me to activate the ceddy mod? or am i using the 0\1 table in mod bits ?

ok cool. im honestly new to the tuning stuff, ecuflash is being difficult with the map scaling. and am i suppose to change the hex code to what it tells me to activate the ceddy mod? or am i using the 0\1 table in mod bits ?

The basic CeddyMods setup only has a couple useful Mods and they are all already active. The biggest one you'll use being the 2 step. He had a basic anti-lag programmed in there but I don't recommend messing with that. Open up the CeddyMods file I sent you. It's configured with the factory tune in the tables. Don't change anything in the periphery bits yet you can mess with that stuff later.

So don't touch anything else, just open the injector scaling and change from 450cc to the closest to 550cc. That's close enough to start as the O2 correction can handle for the tune being off a little during normal driving. Just flash it and warm up the car then go out for a run. If you are still having it die out at low throttle like you described then the issue is with a sensor or something mechanical not the tune.

i found the dying issue. the guy before had taken all the clips off for when the motor got swapped. i assume he lost all of them. so the throttle position sensor has wiggled off. since fixing it it runs better now for trying stock tune

Ok so slammed the stock tune in. Put the injectors at 545 and added .185 latency. Car ran good but throttle response at warm idle was pretty bad and im getting knock at 20lbs boost. Now originally i only want to run like 15 to 17 but im getting really bad boost creep. I have the wastegate set at 8 psi. Was going to use a boost controller to up the pressure. But anything over 70% throttle it wont regulate boost.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back