The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

STM tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Totally reliable. Maintenance is the same as any other car. No idea on parts as I've never needed any.

Owning it has it's ups and downs. It HAS to be in a garage. No way around it. Mine is a first gen, so there's no roof, no side windows, heck doesn't even have exterior door handles. If there's a 1% chance of rain you simply don't take it out. It's seriously less practical than a motorcycle.

As for driving it, again I can only speak for the first gen, but it's a handful. There's no ABS, traction control, STS, whatever. There's nothing. You have to be very confident and careful driving it. Going around a turn and giving it more than 10% throttle the rear end will kick out. This car will embarrass you incredibly quickly. The faster you go however, the more stable it is. The car is on rails going way too fast on the highway. Handling is awesome if you can tame it. And the braking, wew the braking is out of this world.

The memes of them being kit car quality or poorly put together don't hold up. The fit and finish is what you'd expect from a top of the line car made by a major car manufacturer.

The vroom is there, but it's a bizarre vroom. It's all torque. Smooth linear pull. It feels like if I had a great pull at the track it would run a 13 flat. Maybe if all stars aligned it would scratch out a 12.x. But, it feels like it would run the same time towing a RV. Hard to describe.

All that aside, no picture I've ever taken has done it justice. The proportions are all correct. It's an absolute stunner to stand next to. Every day I'll go out to the garage and just look at it for a few minutes in awe that I own such a thing. I don't regret any part of having it and recommend it. If I had to do it again I'd get a second gen just for the roof and windows. Why people bother with new Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, etc for 40k while ignoring a second gen Viper for the same price is beyond me.

The vroom is there, but it's a bizarre vroom. It's all torque. Smooth linear pull. It feels like if I had a great pull at the track it would run a 13 flat. Maybe if all stars aligned it would scratch out a 12.x. But, it feels like it would run the same time towing a RV. Hard to describe.

Interesting description. Guess you have to drive one to feel that. Didn't realize the 1st gen had no roof.

I recently "tried on" a '56 T-bird. Couldn't get in without major contortions, and could never drive it, let alone be comfortable. It's incredibly small, and there is no seat adjustment to speak of. Some cars you just aren't destined to own.

Cars, Boats, Airplanes, Women, they should all turn your head.

I'm going out on a limb here and am going to guess that you ordered a SS line kit of some sort (not sure who you are by just your user name).
Yup and thank YOU for being awesome, it is super sexy I was saving for when I had a chance to install the rears with the banjos (which is why I bought this kit) to make a review post but I can’t wait…
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

for real 30k ain’t a big purchase? All the vipers I saw on autotrader were like 100-200k again maybe I’m looking at the wrong ones. Well I’m a broke azz and like $20 is a big deal for me so I guess I can’t even on this one LOL . I’m used to like 3-7k cars LOL

I remember saving up for my first hall man( which was brand new) Mbc from STM and got a batman figure in the box to was in college then…2008?

hey I sold my aem progressive water/meth on eBay a few weeks ago and just remembered I forgot to put the fuse back in the controller box I hope they read the instructions and put it back in.didn’t get any complaints about it though you should have bought mine I had it listed here first! For $175 even and it sold for like 225 on eBay Lol I just sold it because I couldn’t get consistent AFRs with it but was running maft at the time maybe I’ll try again one day when I get on the EVO maf.

Last edited:
I have 4 Vipers and I have to say owning them is fun BUT I also have to say its not really a daily driver either, there is ALOT of torque in these cars, if your not careful it can spin around quick (the term the Viper club uses is "Snake bitten") I got 1 Supercharged, 1 Turbo'd and 2 N/A and all 3 are a very very very different experience.

Cost of ownership is like a regular car, performance parts are not TERRIBLE but a little more then my Vette "Viper Tax" as its called

The bot by the crankwalk
Hilarious.

Which bolt. I’d love to do a comparison.

After shipping and taxes I paid $13. I could've bought it elsewhere for $11 but I was just trying to support our vendors. Of course that was before I read through the lunacy in this thread.

I would also like to point out that bolt also fits the FWD 5 speed models. Because it says it only fits AWD autos

I have seen vipers becoming decent on price lately. The vette and viper tax is a real thing. Have buddies who own them and sometimes parts prices have no reason to cost more.

Your right!!! I was looking at an EVO and OMG, im not paying 30+ for some of these LOL

Hey everyone. I placed an order ($850) with STM about a month ago. I ordered 8 items. 1 of the 8 items STM 1G/2G DSM O2 Housing Recirculated has to be fabricated and was told it takes about 3-4 weeks.

Since I placed the order I have not received a single item. I emailed them yesterday and today for an update and have not received a single response. They have there phones turned off and only auto voice message plays blaming COVID for there delays.

I ordered a Mishimoto Radiator from MAP yesterday. It showed up at my front door this morning. I should of done better research on STM.

I'm going to try emailing STM 1 more time on Monday. I'm seriously getting concerned. Has anyone done any business with them recently? Any advice? My stupid ass already paid the credit card company.

For me, the issue I have is lack of communication. Forget trying to email them, they have never ONCE responded to an email. Back when their phones actually worked I could talk with someone to find out, "Oh yeah, there is a backorder/shipment delay/manufacturer shortage etc and it will be 3-5 weeks." Of course when the order was placed there was no mention of this OR and email/notification sent at any time letting me know this before or after an order was placed. Now that they have phones forwarded to a generic COVID message, even that is option is gone now. Every problem I ever had with STM got resolved EVENTUALLY, just takes fooorrreeever. And again, that was when you could talk to a person on the phone...

That being said, its hard not to go with them on things just because they have soo much inventory support for the DSM.

Wow I'm glad I read this. I have many thousands of dollars allocated to STM on my build list I've been putting together for years now. I will not be giving them any of that money, at least directly, until this horrible customer service and/or management problem is publicly resolved. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Wow I'm glad I read this. I have many thousands of dollars allocated to STM on my build list I've been putting together for years now. I will not be giving them any of that money, at least directly, until this horrible customer service and/or management problem is publicly resolved. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.

I PERSONALLY would not say do not go with them. Just that there are known issues if you do end up having an problem. I have ordered thousands of dollars of things from them as well and only had a small amount of hiccups. Although, is it really ok I even had them to begin with..? Maybe its just the little things that really matter right? Like when they didn't include the mounting hardware for their in-shop built front mount intercooler I ordered. Come to find out while talking to other members it is common for them to leave it out, even though its literally on the site as included and needed for the install LOL. I bet if you ordered their R8 twin turbo kit for 28K they would respond to an email LOL.. but even that would not get you through their phone line right now either @STM tuned . Considering I could not even tag them and their last post was from 2019.. not looking good for a response.

I don't know man...each scenario is different I guess. I just ordered a few hundred bucks of parts less than 2 weeks ago and already recieved it all.

I think it's fair to say that you give a rather large order to any vendor, it's understandable if they cannot process it immediately.

With that said though, customer service is huge and they need to be on top of it. We are a pretty tight knit community and I hope for their sake that they value our business. It's only a matter of time until another dsm supplier comes up to bat.

There are some things I would like to point out about STM Tuned. Now some understanding is required here, I literally ordered a single bolt from them so it's pretty hard to mess that up. But I would like to tell you about the process I went through.

Placed my order August 24th. Immediately afterwards I received an email thanking me for using them and it included my order number.

August 25th I received an email thanking me for my order, stating that my order had shipped, and it included a tracking number. As usual I double checked the number to make sure it was valid, and it was.

August 30th my order was marked as delivered. I looked in my mailbox, and it was there. I unboxed it and there was the product I ordered with a receipt from STM Tuned.

September 1st they sent another email ONCE AGAIN thanking me for my order, and then asking me to leave a review for the product and feedback for the business.

So I guess it really depends what you order, when you order it, and who's at work during those days ROFL. So if you're placing a small order then they're totally fine with it because it's easy to fulfill. But when you place a large order they start to get lazy and sloppy.

The one thing that makes a good business truly good is consistency. If they could fulfill every order the way they did mine. They would be outstanding. But the huge inconsistency we've seen in this thread causes questions to be asked, and turns away possible customers. It's always sad to see a business hurting because of the employees.

I spent money there too never a issue or problem getting anything every situation is different i guess.

Here is what I will say, not that my two cents are worth more than, well..2 pennies. It all boils down to customer service. All of the other variables such as employees, inconsistencies in shipping, etc are unfortunately unavoidable after a certain amount of sales. I will give you an in house example of my own as a general contractor. I have been working for over 15 years at trying to weed out the same BS in our company. The short version is most of that dead weight is now gone, albeit a few left that were there before I arrived. I explain it to them like this. We are supposed to be professional. If you consistently do shit wrong, or with poor quality and do not care about it than obviously we can not claim to be. Even if you STILL, insert eyeroll here, forget stuff, screw stuff up, make mistakes, don't notice this or that, it would all go over a lot better if you acted like you gave a damn. When you just don't care, that's where the really big problem is noticeable to anyone paying attention. Screw up 3 times in a row and try and make it right 3 times in a row and you still have my business and/or employment. It does not seem like this is the case here, so while I might be able to place an order and it get delivered with no problems, I am not likely to over other vendors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back