The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

STM tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quite a few people have mentioned them!!!! Lesson learned for the future that's for damn sure

I guess my mistake was assuming since they are a vendor here it was safe, this is my first DSM and before this I never heard of STM

I guess my mistake was assuming since they are a vendor here it was safe, this is my first DSM and before this I never heard of STM
I've been burned by some of the most popular and beloved businesses in the DSM world. With that said, this situation isn't indicative of how supporting vendors here usually treat customers. I'm reaching out to STM to see if I can get more information. I've heard of long lead times and slow communication from them in recent years but that has typically been offset by good experiences.

Awesome Thanks. Long lead times im 100% cool with, even slow shipping ect

My bank, the bank caught them in too many lies, from where it was shipped to the email with AEM, to the emails with them Vs what they told the bank, none of it added up (which I knew) + I sent it back at my own expense, was just insane and I'd never do business with them again which is sad because not only do I have more to buy on this car but im looking at a second DSM built a different way

My bank, the bank caught them in too many lies, from where it was shipped to the email with AEM, to the emails with them Vs what they told the bank, none of it added up (which I knew) + I sent it back at my own expense, was just insane and I'd never do business with them again which is sad because not only do I have more to buy on this car but im looking at a second DSM built a different way
Glad you won in the end. Stick to JNZtuning or extremepsi from now on.

Jnz have recently helped me out getting a package to the UK and its problems due to brexit and now the UK wanting US to claim tax for a small value! Basically gone are the days of putting low value on it to pass customs and less import tax) greedy UK! I hate the Country!!!

Anyway Josh spent ages helping and trying to setup on his end but in the end i said just send it at a higher cost so I deal with it my end. So jnz always get my business 99% of the time

One thing to keep in mind is that it may have not even been STM tuning you we’re dealing with. It could potentially be some group or organization that has decided they want to trash STM’s reputation and intercepted the new package from STM and sent you trash.
Did STM change ownership during the economic crisis?

Vendors typically step in and speak up for themselves over the years.

This also may be a systematic attack on what’s left of the DSM/EVO community to target the type of people that work on their own cars eroding confidence in what’s left of suppliers. Is that a Viper in your icon?!? I reserve my opinion until pics come.

One thing to keep in mind is that it may have not even been STM tuning you we’re dealing with. It could potentially be some group or organization that has decided they want to trash STM’s reputation and intercepted the new package from STM and sent you trash.
Did STM change ownership during the economic crisis?

Vendors typically step in and speak up for themselves over the years.

This also may be a systematic attack on what’s left of the DSM/EVO community to target the type of people that work on their own cars eroding confidence in what’s left of suppliers. Is that a Viper in your icon?!? I reserve my opinion until pics come.
This is a joke post right? LOL and yes it is my Viper correct, Viper guys can't also like DSM's?

Extremepsi does the same thing. I purchased a ARC2 box year ago that came with a knob broken off. Contacted them sent photos and they told me to deal with ARC directly about it. I ended up getting it replaced by the company but extremepsi wouldn't do anything for me sadly. I still use them for parts as i have for 10 years. I have spent well over $25,000 with them so was kinda disappointing deal.

Extremepsi does the same thing. I purchased a ARC2 box year ago that came with a knob broken off. Contacted them sent photos and they told me to deal with ARC directly about it. I ended up getting it replaced by the company but extremepsi wouldn't do anything for me sadly. I still use them for parts as i have for 10 years. I have spent well over $25,000 with them so was kinda disappointing deal.
Thank You. I’ll chime in one last time, I think it sucks you spent hard earned money on a part and received it damaged, but $hit happens and it’s NEVER fair, AND I’m honestly surprised and a little disappointed STM was giving you the run around over a $150 WB gauge, but I’ve been using them for years with no issues at all. One reason in particular I’m even responding to this is for other NEWB dsm’ers out there thinking they’ll get burned by this vendor is totally FALSE.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
As you can see I just spent a pretty penny with these guys and have no complaints at all. I received about 90% of the order less than 2 weeks later.
With the exception of the V Band manifold, which on their website states is made in house and takes 2-4 weeks, which it did infact ship after exactly 4 weeks and was just received today :D :rocks::hellyeah:
So again, I agree with you they should’ve handled differently, but THEY didn’t damage your package, don’t get me wrong before you ask, I would’ve done the same thing you did to make it right, I’m just speaking in their defense as a long time customer I think they try to come thru as best they can, and as JED344 above me said $hit happens no matter who the vendor.

Thank You. I’ll chime in one last time, I think it sucks you spent hard earned money on a part and received it damaged, but $hit happens and it’s NEVER fair, AND I’m honestly surprised and a little disappointed STM was giving you the run around over a $150 WB gauge, but I’ve been using them for years with no issues at all. One reason in particular I’m even responding to this is for other NEWB dsm’ers out there thinking they’ll get burned by this vendor is totally FALSE.
As you can see I just spent a pretty penny with these guys and have no complaints at all. I received about 90% of the order less than 2 weeks later.
With the exception of the V Band manifold, which on their website states is made in house and takes 2-4 weeks, which it did infact ship after exactly 4 weeks and was just received today :D :rocks::hellyeah:
So again, I agree with you they should’ve handled differently, but THEY didn’t damage your package, don’t get me wrong before you ask, I would’ve done the same thing you did to make it right, I’m just speaking in their defense as a long time customer I think they try to come thru as best they can, and as JED344 above me said $hit happens no matter who the vendor.

I'm a DSM noob ordering from them and to be honest I'm a little concerned. I ordered over $1000 worth parts including a STM O2 housing which does take about 2-4 weeks to be made. It's been about 2 weeks and I have not received a single part.

I'm a DSM Noob myself but as much as I'd like to "bash" these dudes I cant say I think this is COMMON, while other guys here have given us noobs a few good places to order, if you already ordered I dont think you need to worry worry

This is a joke post right? LOL and yes it is my Viper correct, Viper guys can't also like DSM's?
Nothing wrong with a vipa, but 1 is equal to cost of like 100 DSMs LOL. Just wondering nice car is all.
Last time I ordered from JNZ I didn’t get a tracking number emailed just a delivery notification after I already had the parts in hand … they may have had a similar issue with packages being intercepted by mail carriers and switching them out?

honestly I liked the experience better brought back nostalgia for the late 90s dealing in money orders and the infant car forum scene just trusting in the WORD of the person your dealing with.

I'm a DSM noob ordering from them and to be honest I'm a little concerned. I ordered over $1000 worth parts including a STM O2 housing which does take about 2-4 weeks to be made. It's been about 2 weeks and I have not received a single part.
It’s worth the wait the STM 2g awd exhaust I got from them was a work of art with the welds it’s hard to believe it’s handmade. STM has contributed so much to this community over the years they really are DSM legends most of all I remember reading cory’s story about the 10 sec stock 7 bolt bottom end build

Nothing wrong with a vipa, but 1 is equal to cost of like 100 DSMs LOL. Just wondering nice car is all.
Last time I ordered from JNZ I didn’t get a tracking number emailed just a delivery notification after I already had the parts in hand … they may have had a similar issue with packages being intercepted by mail carriers and switching them out?

honestly I liked the experience better brought back nostalgia for the late 90s dealing in money orders and the infant car forum scene just trusting in the WORD of the person your dealing with.
I'm going out on a limb here and am going to guess that you ordered a SS line kit of some sort (not sure who you are by just your user name).

Our manufacturer we use for our line kits often does this--he'll get custom kits built, ship them, THEN when he finds time to invoice us and send us the tracking information he'll do so.

I would LOVE if we got the invoice/tracking for custom kits as soon as they went out, but the fact that the customer gets them more quickly and he catches up on the back-end when he has time, I can't complain. We've been using them for almost 15 years now, and even if I don't get notifications--I know he gets the kits built and shipped ASAP.

EVERYONE in this industry drop-ships from time to time. It's just how things work. In a perfect world, we would all have everything that every customer needs in our inventory, but it just simply doesn't work that way. Retailers often have to drop ship from Distributors or Manufacturers, Distributors (who have 10s of millions of inventory) often have to drop ship from manufactures to retailers, etc.... Some people say that it's "bad business practice" and rant about it. But after doing this for 25 years, I can't name *ONE* business who doesn't do it.

That said, I can't think of *one* time where a customer has had an issue with something that we've drop shipped and then we've told the customer to deal with the drop-shipping company. It may have happened via one of my employees over the years (but I hope not), but that's not how it works. The customer has given *us* the payment. At that point it's on our shoulders to make sure the parts get to the customer. That's it--done.

Yes, we've had issues with things not getting where and when they should--but then it's *OUR* responsibility to bi*** at the drop-shipper and to eat our pride with the customer. It may be solely the drop-shipper's fault, but correcting it falls on us.

I can't comment on STM. I've only done business with them as a supplier in their earlier days. I've never had an issue with them on that side, and haven't done business with them for years.

That said, Niu over at Extreme PSI and I have traded parts back and forth for years. I really don't want to stick up for one of our main competitors, but at the same time, I have a hard time believing that they would have drop shipped something to a customer, had an issue, and made the customer deal with it. I'm certainly not calling the person who made that post a liar, but it really shocked me to hear that account of the situation, and I can't imagine them doing that with dealing with them since the the early 2000s when I was selling them their OEM parts. As much as I hate competing with them, they've always been 100% stand-up guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going out on a limb here and am going to guess that you ordered a SS line kit of some sort (not sure who you are by just your user name).

Our manufacturer we use for our line kits often does this--he'll get custom kits built, ship them, THEN when he finds time to invoice us and send us the tracking information he'll do so.

I would LOVE if we got the invoice/tracking for custom kits as soon as they went out, but the fact that the customer gets them more quickly and he catches up on the back-end when he has time, I can't complain. We've been using them for almost 15 years now, and even if I don't get notifications--I know he gets the kits built and shipped ASAP.

EVERYONE in this industry drop-ships from time to time. It's just how things work. In a perfect world, we would all have everything that every customer needs in our inventory, but it just simply doesn't work that way. Retailers often have to drop ship from Distributors or Manufacturers, Distributors (who have 10s of millions of inventory) often have to drop ship from manufactures to retailers, etc.... Some people say that it's "bad business practice" and rant about it. But after doing this for 25 years, I can't name *ONE* business who doesn't do it.

That said, I can't think of *one* time where a customer has had an issue with something that we've drop shipped and then we've told the customer to deal with the drop-shipping company. It may have happened via one of my employees over the years (but I hope not), but that's not how it works. The customer has given *us* the payment. At that point it's on our shoulders to make sure the parts get to the customer. That's it--done.

Yes, we've had issues with things not getting where and when they should--but then it's *OUR* responsibility to bi*** at the drop-shipper and to eat our pride with the customer. It may be solely the drop-shipper's fault, but correcting it falls on us.

I can't comment on STM. I've only done business with them as a supplier in their earlier days. I've never had an issue with them on that side, and haven't done business with them for years.

That said, Niu over at Extreme PSI and I have traded parts back and forth for years. I really don't want to stick up for one of our main competitors, but at the same time, I have a hard time believing that they would have drop shipped something to a customer, had an issue, and made the customer deal with it. I'm certainly not calling the person who made that post a liar, but it really shocked me to hear that account of the situation, and I can't imagine them doing that with dealing with them since the the early 2000s when I was selling them their OEM parts. As much as I hate competing with them, they've always been 100% stand-up guys.
Well as an HONEST businessman I guess that is something that would would NOT co sign it happening maybe because you would not do it yourself!!!! Sadly it happened, its settled (not by them doing the right thing) and here we sit

Thanks for chiming in Josh! :thumb:

Nothing wrong with a vipa, but 1 is equal to cost of like 100 DSMs
Vipers can be had in the 30's. It's not exactly a large purchase.

1000% this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back