The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

STM shifter bearing kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrack

Probationary Member
Nov 26, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
So I bought the under hood shifter bearing kit from STM and I am kind of unhappy with what I actually recieved. The bearings I recieved are all metel without red dust shields and also did not come with codding pins. I was just wondering if anyone else has ordered this kit and just curious to see if anyone else had the same problem? I will post a picture from their website and one of what I recieved, you'll see what I mean. :confused:

Attachments

• stm_dsm_shifter_bearing_kit[1].jpg
    stm_dsm_shifter_bearing_kit[1].jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 410
  • STM under hood bushings.jpg
    STM under hood bushings.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 120
Hes not being rude he is stating the obvious... if u dont like the product return it there is no need to bash a vendors product... like vette said grow up

I'm not bashing the vendor I'm just curious to see if others have had this same issue or if it's just me? Why should I grow up I researched this topic didn't find my answer so I posted a new thread not for you guys to bash me. Please don't post on this thread if you have not bought this product, thanks!

same exact product. just silver "dust shields" and no cotter pins. cotter pins are what...50 cents each?

Doesn't look like you're missing any dust shields... just different colors. Short a couple cotter pins though. I prefer the kits like Vette linked to. Don't have to polish or press anything to make them fit. Mine are aluminum from Buschur; Torque Solution makes anodized black ones.

You guys do realize that these are just 4 skateboard bearings tacked together in pairs... right?

Probably switched brands of bearings to something more readily available (and probably cheaper too) and kept the "cooler" looking photo.

If you want the red one that bad, just go here, order a set, and have the ones in the photos.
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Pig_Bearings_ABEC_3/descpage-PG3BR.html
Bonus: A set is 8 bearings, so you'll have enough for 2 cars.

You guys do realize that these are just 4 skateboard bearings tacked together in pairs... right?

Probably switched brands of bearings to something more readily available (and probably cheaper too) and kept the "cooler" looking photo.

If you want the red one that bad, just go here, order a set, and have the ones in the photos.
Pig Bearings ABEC 3
Bonus: A set is 8 bearings, so you'll have enough for 2 cars.

Yes I do realize that and that's the exact reason I was unhappy with the product. I probably could have done this myself for a fraction of the price but I figured I'd go through a reputable company. Thanks for this link I believe these are the bearings they used in the picture and I mean it's not really that big of a deal I guess I just expected more for $20 considering it is just 4 skateboard bearings tacked together.

OP just ignore Vette, he's got sand in his thong LOL

As far as what you got, I'd be pissed too. If I order something, that is what I expect. I give a dam if the part is $.02, I paid for it and I expect it period.

Exactly my point! Thank you at least someone gets where I'm coming from it's not like I bought these used off some guy on craigslist.

OP just ignore Vette, he's got sand in his thong LOL

As far as what you got, I'd be pissed too. If I order something, that is what I expect. I give a dam if the part is $.02, I paid for it and I expect it period.

he GOT what he ordered...just simply a different color.

You're making a big deal for color and .10 cent pins. Ha. I always order from STM and have no problems. Quit being a baby about it and just buy new pins. The red dust, like honestly? You won't see them so why does it matter? It don't. You're welcome.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC HD2 using tapatalk

Cum at me phunny. :cool:

Ahh, glad you're back :thumb:. Gets a little boring w/out you man

he GOT what he ordered...just simply a different color.

Then how is that what he ordered....:ohdamn:

You're making a big deal for color and .10 cent pins. Ha. I always order from STM and have no problems. Quit being a baby about it and just buy new pins. The red dust, like honestly? You won't see them so why does it matter? It don't. You're welcome.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC HD2 using tapatalk

If it's not what he ordered then it's not what he ordered... How the heck is wanting what you paid for being a baby? He's welcome for what?, your ignorant comment? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back