The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

STM Pigtail Fuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMxJB

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2009
Modesto, California
I've been getting ready to install my gauges. A friend showed me these pigtail fuses from STM. I was wondering how many gauges can I put on one? I have 5 gauges to install (Prosport Evo water temp,oil pres,oil temp,boost, and lc1 wideband). From what I've read there are only 3 fuse spots that get power with acc. 9,12,and 14. I'd like to use the pigtails and was just wondering exactly how to do it?

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:
http://streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/pigtail_fuse.htm

I'm wondering the same thing. I would think that one 10 amp standard sized pigtail fuse would be more than enough for all 5 gauges but once again, I'm not sure.

Anyone??

It looks like those pigtail fuses are just standard fuses that someone soldered a piece of wire to.

Depending on which way they are inserted into the fuse holder the pigtail is either going to be unfused (pigtail attached leg on the power source side of the holder) or fused (power source on the other leg).

Don't know which side of the holder is which, break out your multimeter, pull the existing fuse and see which side has voltage, it's the source side.

There are several unused positions in the various fuse boxes. They usually only have the source side connector in that holder so you have to use something like one of these fuses to make use of the open spot. The pigtail would go on the side without a connector and what you hung off the pigtail would be fused.

How big a fuse do you need? You have to look at the power requirements for everything your going to hang off the circuit. If it's only for the lighting in the gauge, the typical bulb only draws perhaps 200ma each. If it's a LED light perhaps 30ma but if it powers the gauge too the sheet for the gauge should tell you or you can estimate 1A each.

Add them up and add a small margin to size the fuse.

It looks like those pigtail fuses are just standard fuses that someone soldered a piece of wire to.

Depending on which way they are inserted into the fuse holder the pigtail is either going to be unfused (pigtail attached leg on the power source side of the holder) or fused (power source on the other leg).

Don't know which side of the holder is which, break out your multimeter, pull the existing fuse and see which side has voltage, it's the source side.

There are several unused positions in the various fuse boxes. They usually only have the source side connector in that holder so you have to use something like one of these fuses to make use of the open spot. The pigtail would go on the side without a connector and what you hung off the pigtail would be fused.

How big a fuse do you need? You have to look at the power requirements for everything your going to hang off the circuit. If it's only for the lighting in the gauge, the typical bulb only draws perhaps 200ma each. If it's a LED light perhaps 30ma but if it powers the gauge too the sheet for the gauge should tell you or you can estimate 1A each.

Add them up and add a small margin to size the fuse.

Sorry for my late reply. Awesome information thank you very much. I am going to be using one 10amp fuse for my 4 Prosport evo gauges and innovate lc1 wideband.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back