The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

STL DSM Auto shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tribal_RS_96

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
My Head gasket is starting to blow. This started after the hail storm bombarded my car which is weird. I would do it myself like I did everything else on the car, but I dont have time at all or the tech shop since i'm graduating. Are there still any shops in the St. Louis area that works on DSMs? I'm not getting any call back or answers from adrenaline motorsports.

daamnnn you could try pur performance. and there was another shop i heard abt in st peters but cant remember the name. if i come across it again ill definatly hit you back. i also know a few people in the community that probably would do it cheaper than any place like that. but i understand fully if thats not what you want to do

daamnnn you could try pur performance. and there was another shop i heard abt in st peters but cant remember the name. if i come across it again ill definatly hit you back. i also know a few people in the community that probably would do it cheaper than any place like that. but i understand fully if thats not what you want to do

thanks for the shop info. but if you can get in touch with the people that can replace the gasket for me that would be awesome. how much would they want?

dont know if you found someone yet but when it comes to dsm HTP (hi tuned performance) is the best place by far. their number is 636-282-4007. they are located in imperial

i havent talked to matt since he got his new shop so i dont know if he has a dyno to tune but he does a GREAT job at street tuning it. i think it was around 200$ maybe less to tune it. that was a like 3-4 years ago so i cant remember if that was just for the tune or if he did other stuff too.

Bring it to htp if you want to wait two months. Place blows I wouldnt refer mu enemy to that place. Matt needs manpower or something.

Well, first... I should do a compression test, anyone have the equipment to do so? I've been sitting and going over symptoms, but I want to be sure its not something else causing the problem.

I wouldn't take it to adrenaline either. very high priced and lot of bad rap from my friends. id say give craven performance a ring. Pur performances tuner started his own shop and I've seen some of the work.

Ok. So I completed the compression test with all cylinders at factory specs. This motor has 120k miles. I'm impressed nothing has changed. What I did notice that pointed towards a bad head gasket was my thermostat housing . The handmade gasket I made is starting to fail, causing a small leak when the car is at operating temperature. But I'm still stumped on where my power has gone. Now I'm looking at my lifters and or an exhaust leak. My oil pressure gauge reads 32-42 Psi at idle depending if I just came back from a drive. I'm noticing the common lifter rattle/tick noise when driving in the neighborhood. That's at 2200-2600 rpm. At 3k rpm. It's quiet. Other than that I'm noticing a major power loss. Its hard climbing hills even after downshifting. And pushing the gas pedal down on the highway. No check engine lights what so ever. Last time I had a light was when I needed a downstream o2 sensor. But I do notice my car has the "burble" when lightly reved and the idle returns to normal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back