The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stereo Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
I see a number of members want to upgrade their stereo equipment .. While this was done on a 2001 Eclipse Spyder GT the principle is the same. I installed a Kenwood CD player with bluetooth and USB port . The bluetooth is awesome when the cell phone rings , with the push of a button I can talk with out taking my hands from the wheel . Besides it`s illegal to drive while talking on the phone. The Kenwood CD player is hooked to the original Infinity amp with a Metra harness . Very easy to install.. I also have a Pioneer Amp and 10' sub in the trunk . It is powered buy the RCA sub outlet on the back of the radio... Check it out
Equipment
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sound Clip

The sound clip will only be as good as your sound on your computer. I have a 5.1 surround sound system on mine so it sounds great to me.. Turn up your bass and enjoy

Last edited:
Pretty nice.

I used to compete in SPL competitions. I had a pioneer head unit as well as an 5000watt Orion HCCA 5000D monoblock amp and an Orion 15" HCCA 2ohm sub.

I had it wired to a 5 farad capacitor all with zero gauge.

Also hit me up if anyone needs help. I wired/installed all of it in my 2G.

Here are a few pics of the equipment as well as one if me hitting 142.5db with it. I think I could have hit way harder but was up all night installing it so just didn't have the time to tune it properly before that show.

Currently revisiting this (after I swore I'd give it up) on the '92 GVR4 I'm finishing up.

Pioneer decks have been my head unit of choice over the last 8-10 years--their AVIC units have done well. They're not "the best", but they're a great starting point. I was a Clarion guy WAY back in the day (9255 head units) but I've loved the creature comfort features of the Pioneer units.

I've currently got two sets of Dynaudio S362 and Esotec 242 speaker sets that I'm trying to cram into it (probably worth almost what the car is). That said, I'm trying to figure our a 8" long-throw, small enclosure, low weight sub somewhere in the mix.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back