The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Steering Wheel w/Audio Controls

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfrakes

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2021
Idaho
I got a 1998 eclipse and I was curious on if there are any steering wheels that fit this car. I'm not looking for a quick release, but what I am looking for is a steering wheel with control's for volume and skipping songs. Someone suggested a outlander steering wheel maybe? Anything helps thanks

You know what's great for this and even looks OEM? A steering wheel from a 3G Eclipse.

It has a total of 6 different buttons on the back side of the left and right so they're hidden away when viewed from the driver's seat. The button press points are up/down/center. It's great obviously for volume up/down and prev/next track and you have 2 additional buttons for pause, mute or whatever else you can program.

I've got one in mine and I have it wired to one of those generic Chinese brand Android head units and I've been quite satisfied with the setup.

You know what's great for this and even looks OEM? A steering wheel from a 3G Eclipse.

It has a total of 6 different buttons on the back side of the left and right so they're hidden away when viewed from the driver's seat. The button press points are up/down/center. It's great obviously for volume up/down and prev/next track and you have 2 additional buttons for pause, mute or whatever else you can program.

I've got one in mine and I have it wired to one of those generic Chinese brand Android head units and I've been quite satisfied with the setup.
Picture?

I had a Diamante VR-X steering wheel in my last couple DSMs. When I pulled it form the donor, it had audio controls along the bottom which I removed. It has the same appearance as a DSM wheel as well.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is actually a 4G Eclipse wheel. Not calling you out or anything, just providing the info.
Thanks! It's been a while and I wasn't 100% sure. I should have confirmed through a quick Google search.

For the airbags mine isn't wired up. I was reading some conflicting stuff about wiring it up and decided to just leave it out. The negatives for wiring the airbag is that it's designed for a different vehicle and the timing, distance and size could be slightly off and this might have a huge effect when involved in a crash.

What do you need in order to install this

What do you need in order to install this
You just need the steering wheel from a 3G or 4G Eclipse. It bolts right on but I have heard conflicting opinions about whether you should connect the airbag or not. In mine I chose to leave the airbag disconnected.

And I have the 4G wheel, not the 3G wheel. I don't know if the 3G has the media controls or not.

You just need the steering wheel from a 3G or 4G Eclipse. It bolts right on but I have heard conflicting opinions about whether you should connect the airbag or not. In mine I chose to leave the airbag disconnected.

And I have the 4G wheel, not the 3G wheel. I don't know if the 3G has the media controls or not.
Appreciate the help I had no idea you could just bolt it right on. I already ordered an adapter bracket to fit an EVO 8 wheel but if I didn’t I would’ve gone with the 3G wheel the all black looks nice and the design seems more sporty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back