The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Steering Wheel shakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitzedeclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2003
New_YorkUS
As it says my sterring whel shakes back and forth on my 1g. Anybody have any ideas. Dosent matter how fast i go or what the air pressure is.

Thank for the help.:thumb:

my steering wheel also shakes only when im going around 40mph and i hit the brakes. i dont know whats going on but its freaky any inputs?

Worn shocks and joints (steering, tie rod ends, ball joints, steering rack). How big a tire are you running, and do you have aftermarket wheels with a different width or offset from stock?

Originally posted by Defiant
Worn shocks and joints (steering, tie rod ends, ball joints, steering rack). How big a tire are you running, and do you have aftermarket wheels with a different width or offset from stock?

This is my winter car so everything is stock. Should i start taking sh!t apart and looking for something broken. The problem is that here in buffalo winter is coming. Last night it was down to about 35 degrese.

Originally posted by erc's_gsx
my steering wheel also shakes only when im going around 40mph and i hit the brakes. i dont know whats going on but its freaky any inputs?

You probally have warped rotors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back