The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

steering wheel shakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunndilly

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 30, 2002
SellersvillePA
When i'm going fast and i push the brake, the steering wheel starts shaking
what could this be?:cry:

heh, mine does that. It's just a little bit though so I don't think it's anything to worry about. more like a little vibration on my car.

it's a new vibration, and it shouldn't be happening.
I hit a curb, i thought i got everything fixed but i didn't check the brakes.
Is it hard to tell if the rotors are warped?

Warped rotors don't happen all of a sudden. They develop over time from the heat generated by braking. If you hit a curb, did you ding/bend the rim? Did you have the wheel balance checked?

Does the brake pedal pulsate when they're applied? If they are, it's a brake problem (un-parallel rotors most likely).

And the steering wheel only shakes when the brakes are applied? If the pedal isn't pulsating, it's not a brake problem. Look for loose suspension parts (tie-rods, control-arm bushings, ball joints, and all steering linkage).

Maybe it's the front rotors? [Most of us posting think so!!!!] How many miles on the pads? If alot - then you'd might as well do a front brake job and while you're in there, send out the rotors to be 'turned' [ground smooth]. . . I said that backwards - - - As long as you're removing the rotors, you might as well replace the pads. . . There, that's what I meant!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back