The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

steering wheel problem [noise with steering]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznlangjai69

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2003
vancouver, B.C._Canada
Whenever I turn left, my steering squeaks. Sounds like 2 balloons rubbing together, it all started today. Is it because it's too cold, or I need some oiling done?

I did a search, and I read that it could be my steering belts or whatever. How do I tighten it, can someone give me some tutorial on this?

Also what kind of power steering oil is the best?

Umm since no one has replied I think you might just need more power steering fluid. My power steering once got really hard to turn and made loud noises when turning, but after it warmed up it went away. I am not exactly what kind of power steering fluid to use but I am sure autozone ppl should know.

It could also be a loose power steering belt. Check your fluid level, and then see if your belt is loose. That might cause the problem you describe.

Good Luck :thumb:
Joe

:dsm: i seem to have the same problem you except my car does it when i turn left or right, or even when i turn on my ac. i read in other threads that it might be related to one of the belts, since the power steering pump and the ac pump run off the same belt i think it might be realted to this one right now im stumpted. if any one has any advice please help, did you get yours fixed?

Sounds like your PS belt is too loose. Adjust PS belt by loosing the 3 bolts (2 thru the pulley 1 on other side), insert a pry bar between the unit and the block, stretch the belt tight, tighten bolts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back