The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

starts off in 3rd gear (auto)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboi85

Probationary Member
May 8, 2004
ewa beach, Hawaii
ok i got this problem with my other car a 93 mitsubishi eclipse. it starts in 3rd gear and when you come to a stop it wants to stall. what can it be? any fixes to this? please help its my daily driver. i have to catch the bus to work bcuz both my cars are ####ed. (mits eclipse and eagle talon) it will not start in any other gear than 3rd even if you put it to 1, 2, or D

-thanks

the reason its stuck in 3rd gear is becuz your automatic transmission computer is telling your their is a problem its called "limp mode" the first step in order to tell whats wrong is read the codes off of the transmission computer. heres the website tells your everything u need to know how to read the codes

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/tcucodes.htm

write a response back im still having the same problem with my car :mad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back