1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Starting with an engine...

Posted by Jofesin7, Apr 4, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Jofesin7

Jofesin7 Probationary Member

Joined Apr 4, 2019
    Rosario, South America
    Hi everyone, I'm Nacho, from Argentina.
    Here in my country DSM vehicles aren't very common. Most of the people here builds inline six Chevy Novas, Ford Falcons, and, in the 4 cylinder world, the stars of the show are mid 90's / fiats, all kind of Volkswagens, and a few Hondas...
    So... Some time ago, i had the chance to get my hands on a 1981 Mitsubishi Forte (L200 - Dodge D50), and looking info on this vehicle I found Project zero G, and my mind just blew up...
    But… Looking forward and searching more and more info, i crashed with this site… In opposite of regular people, i love FWD hatchback vehicles. Here a 94 Mitsubishi Colt / Mirage is a very cheap car. This makes me struggles between building the Forte, or buy and develop the Project on a Colt.
    I've decided to start by building the 4g63T engine and then see in what to put it on. Probably on the Colt.
    The problem that i have is that here, dsm parts are no easy to get. we dont have starions, and we dont have a lot of eclipses, talons and lasers waiting in junkyards so pieces are very difficult to get, and expensive when they appear.
    One day a friend come and said to me, did you know that Sonatas has the same engine? -what's a sonata? - it's a Hyundai car. - Oh, really? So i start looking at it, and i found several very cheap wrecks to buy engines and parts from. G4CP engine.
    Last week i bought, what it was supposet to be a head from a g1 Eclipse that has G6K 4 casted on one side, but looking some info on the web (here to be more accurate), I founded that this casting belongs to a 2g eclipse head. (It has small ports and other features that i don't recall now).
    What do you know about this G4CP engine?… I read that it is like a N/A 1g 6 bolt, with no oil squirters, the sonata is a n/a car, but i'm building turbo, should I install them? i saw that this is posible. but, is it really worth it? what do you think about this engine, do anyone has any experience working with it?
    I'm happy with 300 / 350 hp. or less...
    I'm an indecisive mess, i know. But i'm building this engine no matter what. if it's not a g4cp i'll just have to wait for a genuine 4g63... and that's gonna take some serious time to find.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    I'll post photos of the progress on the L200, but she is probably keeping the n/a 4632 engine with a little spice on it.

;)

2. arrowhead

arrowhead Proven Member

Joined Apr 19, 2011
    miami, Florida
    Go to 4g61t.org, if you go with the Colt.
    Also lots of info on the Hyundai engine.

Road Race Build 2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
    Jofesin7 likes this.
  3. Jofesin7

Joined Apr 4, 2019
    Rosario, South America
    Done! Thanks!

4. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    And Welcome to the forum Nacho. Lots and lots of information and good ideas here. Keep us informed of how it goes!

Street Build 5K  29

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.74 @ 117.04 · 1G DSM

2K  15

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

936  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 6K  15  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
  5. Jofesin7

Joined Apr 4, 2019
    Rosario, South America
    Thanks for the welcome! I'll be posting all the progress as long as the project moves forward!
    Seeya!

6. Jofesin7

Joined Apr 4, 2019
    Rosario, South America
    Leave you some pics of the L200.

IMG_20171001_183359458_HDR.jpg IMG_20171001_183343645_HDR.jpg IMG_20180107_200045226.jpg IMG_20180123_004808.jpg 032.jpg Front grill restored!

7. Lancer_lover

Lancer_lover Proven Member

Joined Apr 18, 2017
    kristianstad, Europe
    Cool build

Street Build 860  6

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  8. dantheman91gsx

dantheman91gsx Probationary Member

Joined May 18, 2015
    Clarksville, Tennessee