The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Starting problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuowner1991

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2009
West Keansburg, New_Jersey
So SOMETIMES when I go to start my car and turn the key the starter dosnt turn. So I have to turn the key on and off and bunch of times then the starter will turn. I've replaced the starter and it still does the same things. I've also checked all my grounded points. There good. Could it be something is the KEY ASSEMBLY?

Ok. I'm so happy I got my car going. There was something wrong with the fiav. It kept leaking coolant into the throttle body. So I got a block off plate. And made sure I have no boost leaks. And it's all good. The one question I have is what does it do if you move your TPS sensor. Mine is at .535 at idle. But I've hear of people having them at .610 and lower.

No I don't have ecmlink. Here's one more question I have. I had the engine rebuilt and the head rebuilt. I should probly check the head bolts and make sure they are still fully torqued.. sooo all I have to do it take the valve cover off correct? And start at the center and work my way out.

When I open the coolant cap it's always low. And there isn't any leaks. But I'm not seeing a milky oil cap. Or coolant in my oil. Or white smoke. I'm hoping trying to retorque it will help. It has a couple hundred miles on the engine.

It would smell sweet so I don’t think it’s getting in your combustion chamber. Heater core is to the left of the glove box but if it’s small leak you might not see it. Maybe you’d smell it when you turn the heat on when car is hot

How low is it when you open the cap?

Only a little bit. I'm just getting the car back on the road. I got insurance but now I have to wait till may 6th to get registration and plates because of the DMV is appointment only now cause of the virus. I do wanna say the heat dos smell sweet tho

As I remember tho it starts to over heat because the coolant gets low. But I think that was because my fiav was leaking into the throttle body. I fixed that problem by puting a block off plate and looping the coolant lines.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back