The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starting issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95whitegst

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2009
lancaster, Pennsylvania
Hey guys i just got a completely stock 1995 awd talon, now ive had a ton of dsm's in the past and been on the site alot this one is just stumping me......its getting spark and fuel brand new fuel pump and plugs and wires new battery but it just cranks and cranks like it wants to turn over it just never does any idea?:banghead:

ahh this is the issue i'm having as well. Since my car is at the shop i asked the tech to check and see if my coils are shot. I also read in the forums that MSD wires or Magnecor wires w/ NGK spark plugs can also help. Dont use No name brands like I did [wires and spark plug] :)

Timing maybe? A sensor such as crank? Possibly something wrong with the ECU? I would check sensors first then the ECU then timing. Also make sure you are getting good compression and nothings broken on the bottom end. Good luck

It does not pop while cranking or backfire an the wires are just oem wires from the dealer keep it 100% stock or trying

Also compression is good that's been checked would any other signs point to the ecu

Well it ran fine we got it back to the house it sat for about 2 months now it's acting up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back