The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Starting a carbon fiber company, what parts would you like to see made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about front fenders for a 1g 1990? I would buy those if the price is right......Hey is that me being called on down to the front?;)

So what is the deal? How are things going over there? Let us know. I want some door panels. LOL

i would like a carbon fiber motor if its not to much to ask. jk just saw pretty much everything asked for so i had to pick something

hows about a hardtop conversion for us spyder guys. you know, just like they have on the miatas, a hardtop for the winter. then in spring you can have it drop top so you can put the canvas top up just in case.

the removeable hard top would have the same body lines as the regular hard tops, so it doesnt look like a spyder. you would have to find some way of making a window too, and getting the trunk to open with the hard top up. or just make the hard top mimick the soft top, thatd be cool too.

and a rear passenger seat delete kit for the spyders. who sits back there anyways? you can have them made with 1 or 2 sub cutouts and flat spots to mount the amps. i forget who has this in their spyder, its all black, and its a fiberglass enclosure. its pretty sweet looking. though i dont know if CF would be as good as fiberglass in this application.

just youre wide assortment of hoods, interior pieces, mirrors, and body kits.

how about CF wheel wells? lightweight replacements for the plastic crap?
CF fenders, different designs than Z3 or corvette style.

Originally posted by 98RedGs
CF Hood
CF Spark Plug Cover
CF Fuse Box Cover
CF Kick Panels
CF Lower Half Of The Front Dash
CF Steering Wheel Surround
CF Pillar Pods (both not just one)
CF Trunk Cover (one that hides the trunk)
CF High Rise Eclipse Wing
CF Armrest
CF Radio Bezel Trim
CF Kit (Hey... Yah gotta make em)
CF Glove Compartment (at least the front...)
CF Dash Bezel Trim w/Two 52mm Gauges. (1 on each side)
CF Steering Wheel Cover (Bah...Check intrest in this first)

Thats my imput.
if you do all of these you will be rich !!! everybody will have to have one. :thumb:

I am still waiting on the Evo style hood like many people here.

Originally posted by EvolvingGST
I am still waiting on the Evo style hood like many people here.

There is one already for the 2G. VIS.

You would make such a killing if you did made a good looking front bumper lip for the 95-96 eclipse and talon guys. I see all kinds of people looking for lips for there 95-96's but guess what. there arent any.

Originally posted by PaulPDX
There is one already for the 2G. VIS.

It doesnt fit the 2g turbo ones... if you read carefully its only for the NA cars.

Originally posted by EvolvingGST
It doesnt fit the 2g turbo ones... if you read carefully its only for the NA cars.

plus it buldges and doesnt look too good, and they added the two vents on the side which gives it the riceness effect.

probably will fit on the turbo if you remove the upper cam gear cover and do a little trimming.

Fender Flares ?

that would be neat

and a 1g deck lid

center consle lid

this is what I am waiting for.

Ralli-Art style carbon fiber mirrors.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 190
there kick panles. Ive never sat in a 2g. but When you sit. look by ur feet. There should be a plastic peace under the dash by the carpet and door. thats a kick Panle. theres probly alot of Marks, cause you "kicked" it.

I would mainly focus on parts that actually take off weight. Most dsmers are wanting to get out of stuff the cheap way. I dont think the majority going to want CF emblems and stuff. Maybe like carbon fiber doors that would be cool. CF hatch and a CF hood? not anything thats only going to drop a pound.

Unless you are focusing on body parts, I would like to see some guage pods for 1gs like the 'frog eye' style for 2gs.

Or maybe something that allows us to mount our guages on our dash (red area on piss-poor drawing).

Attachments

• gauge pod idea.jpg
    gauge pod idea.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 167
Originally posted by Boostin4g63
1g lip spoiler, 1g lip spoiler, 1g lip spoiler... and maybe a 1g lip spoiler.. just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!

i could get u a form that u could copy for a lip spoiler

I was wondering if thats what it was or not..

But yea LETS SEE some more 1g parts! That is a very large vertualy untaped market there. With lots of ppl like me just waiting to hand over there hard earned cash for nicely made parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back