The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starting a carbon fiber company, what parts would you like to see made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 98RedGs
Basically everyone keeps saying the whole list i gave :p
:thumb:

But you guys if your telling him you would buy you gotta be willing to pay him and wait a couple weeks for him to make the product?

If so then thats great and im sure he wont have any problems, but if you want the item already made when you order you may run into a couple issues because that would mean he may have alot of items he dont sell and then would be stuck with.

But thats up to him, he may wanna get back in this thread and ask people if they would pay first and wait a couple days for him to fab the item up then ship it out.

yes people would have to be willing to wait for parts to be constucted, but that may only be temporary as people buy product I may realize that there is a large demand for a certain part and i would keep a stock of that product to lower the wait time which would only be a few weeks anyway. I won't be able to come up with any prices yet as I have yet to make anything but I would expect to see something from me later on this winter.

CF 420a valve cover
CF rear hatch
CF dash
CF center console
CF turbo & 3 peice mid wing
CF door panels
Let me know how it goes I'll buy the parts if you make them!!!

There was a pretty long-running thread over in the Appearance Mods section about a 2g high-turbo spoiler done in carbon fiber. The cost ended up being prohibitive for many of the people interested (including myself). Done cost-effectively, I'd be very interested in this.

I'm also looking for stock-style 2g mirror housing replacements done in CF. I have yet to see this; most of the replacements I've seen have been tiny/non-powered units (my aerodynamics are fine, thanks), or have lights/turn signals built-in (such as the M3-style mirrors).

Finally, either a stock-style hood, or one with some form of venting (ala EVO, although I have some concerns about water drainage). The market is pretty flooded with products of this type, though.

That's three things that someone is eventually going to get some money from me for. :)

branch into the 3kgt-
we need fiber so badly for our fatties.

I would love fiber fenders, rear hatch pieces,
cheaper hood, and well anything!

my vr4 needs some diet.

branch into the 3kgt-
we need fiber so badly for our fatties.

I would love fiber fenders, rear hatch pieces,
cheaper hood, and well anything!

my vr4 needs some diet.

maybe a spyder rear trunk lid to go along with that lip spoiler from importfan.:thumb:

Brendon:dsm:

I will totally second that bid for a CF deck lid for a Spyder.:cool:

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned...

CF covers for the 1Ga pop up lights with a small nasca vent molded into the passenger side to run some air to the filter.

And should you make a 1Ga hood?

Damn right, you should. There is hardly anything tasteful out there for the 1Ga. VIS claims they are working on one, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Forget the trunk lid and other useless junk/ auto-cheese fluff like headliners.

I'd say a functional vented hood and vented light popup would be tops. Gauge pods are easy enough for the DIY'er to make... and chances are folks won't be willing to pay the kind of $ custom CF gauge pods would go for.

Hood and light covers, on the other hand, are the kind of things people willingly go into debt for either for the bling bling effect or for performance.

There's your marketing analysis... free of charge. ;)

Originally posted by DSM-ZERO
CF 420a valve cover
CF rear hatch
CF dash
CF center console
CF turbo & 3 peice mid wing
CF door panels
Let me know how it goes I'll buy the parts if you make them!!!
If you made CF door pannel, and CF doors, you would be the man. I would buy those off of you so quick you wouldn't know what hit you.

CF hatch, seems complicated with the window there but if you can make that too. You will be seeing money commin outta my pocket.

Sooo how are things going? This thread has been around for a while now.. I just got a good job and am geting another 90 TSI in much better hsape and I want to fix up hella sweet.. So im going to want some of this CF stuff..

So give us some info.

Actually I am still working on things. I stated that I would start doing this in the middle of the winter but I just bought a new house and have changed jobs so it will be a little while until I can make up a few things.

MAKE A STOCK LOOKING HOOD FOR 1G W/ POP UPS THERE AINT ANYON THE MARKET U WOULD MAKE MONEY OFF THAT!

headliner for 1g

gauge cluster setup for 1g

valve cover for 4g63

air ducts for air filter or intercooler??? that mayy be cool to redirect air so your car can breath! ll it might work:thumb:

What the hell is this facination with headliners?

On the 1ga hoods, there aren't that many choices out there... just one manufacturer I think and it just looks odd. I think the reason is because the lights don't match. So if you make carbon light covers, it would look great... even better if the passenger cover has a nasca intake scoop.

I'd like a under-tray for the engine/bumper cover. Preferably one with built-in channels for brake-ducting, similar to the EVO7/8.

if no ones said it:
CF door panels, dashboard (the whole thing) and console pieces (not performance related and sounds stupid but thats what ID like).
Trunk and some exterior panels if you want to go hardcore.
Basically Stock Parts done w/ carbon fibre.
A Carbon Fibre rear lip, and front stabilizers for the sides of the bumper.
brakes...

1g lip spoiler, 1g lip spoiler, 1g lip spoiler... and maybe a 1g lip spoiler.. just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carbon fibre doors, theyre rare but other companies make them. 1g ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back