The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Starting a carbon fiber company, what parts would you like to see made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes finally we get an EVO hood.

well the reason I want it and I would think everybody else also is because it will flow hot air out. so its both for looks and actual performance, so when you design the hood please take that into consideration.

Just have a look at an evo hood and see were it is placed over the engine and try to do the same.

I am going to speak on the behalf of ALL 1G owners when i say make the goddamn guage cluster dual guage bezel thing. You know the one that the 2g guys get and the honda guys and the mustang guys but for some reason they decided not to make it for the 1g. PLEASE I am begging yoiu to make one of those. Oh yes and a steering column guage pod for the 1g would be great also. So if you were to make 2 things for the 1g's i think those would be some of your best choices, not to big so it won't take to long to make...and us 1g guys need more places for guages. Whatever you decide to do good luck with this whole thing.
-zach-

The big things that I agree with are:

1. Numerous Gauge Pod Locations for 1G & 2G

2. Vented Hood

Make these items in good quality and looks, and you'd be one of the richest DSM aftermarket parts manufacturers!!! Seriously.

Now, get crackin on the brainstorming of it. :thumb:

Good luck bro.

Originally posted by cait sith

I'd like to see a nice diffuser made for 2GB Eclipse rears, but that's getting a bit aerodynamic/technical.

Some brake ducts might be nice.

Agreed.

I would think an OEM looking hood w/ some sort of ventilation would be very nice!

Ok...look at a DSM. You see its wonderful glory? Well make every part you can see on the exterior carbon fiber. HAHA. I'd love to see a whole exterior carbon fiber.

PS challenge anyone?

make an evostyle cf hood for 1g dsms w/o popups that is functional. im sure plenty of us 1g guys will buy them.

id like to see a carbon fiber hood/airbox combo that works together to make a shaker hood style airbox. that would be bad ass :)

for those who dont know what a shaker hood is you can see one on a new mach1 mustang. picture something like that a little smaller in the front passenger side of the hood on our cars ;)

I think I have seen only one carbon fiber hood for the 1G with popups. I would like to see another one, maybe a different style/vented would be nice.

Once your good with the CF make me a headliner.

:cool:

CF headliner is pimp as what!

2g vented evo style hood
2g eclipse turbo wing

i would buy both of those in a second

Oh, and an airbox for K&N/Apexi/Round generic filters would be good. Try to keep the hot air out and all.

Basically everyone keeps saying the whole list i gave :p
:thumb:

But you guys if your telling him you would buy you gotta be willing to pay him and wait a couple weeks for him to make the product?

If so then thats great and im sure he wont have any problems, but if you want the item already made when you order you may run into a couple issues because that would mean he may have alot of items he dont sell and then would be stuck with.

But thats up to him, he may wanna get back in this thread and ask people if they would pay first and wait a couple days for him to fab the item up then ship it out.

As long as this thread stays within the realm of market research, it will remain open. However, once the poster begins talking about the products he'll be selling or mentions pricing and ordering, it will be closed (or even deleted) just like all of the other vendor threads. All vendors (big and small) must carefully follow the vendor policy - be sure you've read it and understand it. Thanks.

DEFINATELY make a 1gb CF lip that resembles the 2g one. I think that was a big hit, and everyone would love one. Don't forget a 1gb Evo hood.

... God, I just love it when I come up with these awesome original ideas!

Now stop wasting time and get to work! :p :laugh:

As long as this thread stays within the realm of market research, it will remain open. However, once the poster begins talking about the products he'll be selling or mentions pricing and ordering, it will be closed (or even deleted) just like all of the other vendor threads. All vendors (big and small) must carefully follow the vendor policy - be sure you've read it and understand it. Thanks.

Im keepin an eye on it luda. The best thing is just compose a list of items to make in c/f then he sits down and figures out what he wants to price them at and then check other sites for competitors. Best thing to do imo.

I think theres nothing left to discuss but as long as theres ON TOPIC discussion goin on i aint gonna interfere.

I agree with what everyone has said, make all of those things for DSM's but make them for 2G CRX's :) :)

i havent read all of the posts so this might have been mentioned. But i would really like to see a CF hood for a 2g that is exactly like the stock one except for the fact that it is made of carbon fiber. I would want to be able to look at a stock one and a painted CF one and not be able to tell the difference.

Originally posted by eclipse13
i havent read all of the posts so this might have been mentioned. But i would really like to see a CF hood for a 2g that is exactly like the stock one except for the fact that it is made of carbon fiber. I would want to be able to look at a stock one and a painted CF one and not be able to tell the difference.

they have those...:rolleyes:

Engne dress up
Door panels
Dash overlays
Body kits
Side skirts
Hatch lids

I would personally like it if there was a rear bumper that
bolted up with no gaps to the talon or one that was molded
so i could use mitsu taillights and my talon center piece
or a c/f rear center piece for the mitsu taillights.
good luck :thumb: :talon:

i want carbon fiber pistons and valves....i thing the less moving weight inside the engine would give me a performance benefit as well as a weight reduction

well since a list has been demanded then i will produce one,so far my plans are to make:
1. headliner for 1g and 2g.
2. evo style hood for 1g and 2g.
3. replacement components for the interior.
4. a delete panel for the rear seat in a 2g and possibly a 1g.
5. possibly a functional ram air hood for the 2g with all hardware.
6. gauge pods for the 1g and 2g in various locations that are not 100% yet.
7. possible valve covers for the 4363 and the 420a
This thread was only started to find out what most people really want not to announce any product, I am not yet a company and any aforementioned product may take awhile until it is completed, also more products may be added and some may be removed depending on how I feel about the need for the product.
I have been an active member on dsmtuners for awhile now and I plan on staying an active member if anyone has any questions about any possible products or any other usefull info. please PM me and I will give you a reply ASAP. I thank everyone that participated in this thread for thier help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back