The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starting a carbon fiber company, what parts would you like to see made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinner

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2002
Syracuse, New_York
ok guys I've decided that I am going to start up a small company selling carbon fiber parts and I was wondering what parts you guys would like to see made, it can be anything interior, body panels, suspension, ex. just remember I want to make parts that nobody else is making right now. I am going to start making molds for DSM's because that is what I drive so I'll just pop molds off of my parts later on I will have to make parts for other cars starting with honda/acura cars ( we all have to pay the bills). I will make a few parts over the winter and probably sell them to you guys for cheap it will be at least a year until I go full blown so right now I will work on orders after I get out of work and on weekends. also I know a few of you work in the fiberglass industry and I could use a few tips about things like what mold relese product you like the best and anything else you think could be usefull to me.

Different types of vented hood for 2g's and 1g's. Something like the Evo hood or something different but not too aggressive. the only one I know available is the invader.

good luck.

Dash Gauge pods. I would like to see a variety of locations that the gauges can be mounted besides the pillar. How about a CF Trunk, or Wing that resembles the Stock one?

I just remembered. A lip type wing, something like this one.

Attachments

• wing_9599eclipse_saro.jpg
    wing_9599eclipse_saro.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,446
CF Hood
CF Spark Plug Cover
CF Fuse Box Cover
CF Kick Panels
CF Lower Half Of The Front Dash
CF Steering Wheel Surround
CF Pillar Pods (both not just one)
CF Trunk Cover (one that hides the trunk)
CF High Rise Eclipse Wing
CF Armrest
CF Radio Bezel Trim
CF Kit (Hey... Yah gotta make em)
CF Glove Compartment (at least the front...)
CF Dash Bezel Trim w/Two 52mm Gauges. (1 on each side)
CF Steering Wheel Cover (Bah...Check intrest in this first)

Thats my imput.

Originally posted by 98RedGs
CF Hood
CF Spark Plug Cover
CF Fuse Box Cover
CF Kick Panels
CF Lower Half Of The Front Dash
CF Steering Wheel Surround
CF Pillar Pods (both not just one)
CF Trunk Cover (one that hides the trunk)
CF High Rise Eclipse Wing
CF Armrest
CF Radio Bezel Trim
CF Kit (Hey... Yah gotta make em)
CF Glove Compartment (at least the front...)
CF Dash Bezel Trim w/Two 52mm Gauges. (1 on each side)
CF Steering Wheel Cover (Bah...Check intrest in this first)

Thats my imput.

That just about covers it....

CF rocks!!..... As listed above, I would personaly buy CF mirrors, CF turbo Wing, and maybe CF intrior parts.... the clip on and screw in peices.... ex. the peice behind the door handle, the plastic face around the radio, and air knobs, those type of things...... like a whole kit, for all the parts...

evo 7 style hood for 6g Galants
6g trunk lid
stock style spoiler for vr4
various interior trim pieces for 6g interior

DAMN! good thing I asked you guy's I got way more idea's than I thought you would give me so far, there are a few things I planned on making so far nobody has listed them but I know once I make some and post pics of them on my car you guy's will be dying to get them. 98RedGs all I can say is that I will probably use about 95% of your list the other 5% I will have to think about. I guess I have to get cracking on some parts.

Sinner I seriously urge you to make dress up parts for 6g galants to nail the vr4 market...nobody really makes anything cool for them

Originally posted by Kingdom
Different types of vented hood for 2g's and 1g's. Something like the Evo hood or something different but not too aggressive. the only one I know available is the invader.

good luck.

I want a vented hood... That looks like the Evo Hoods, nothing like the invader please... And some gauge pods, or an odometer gauge pod... Maybe a fitting for a Inside glove box, for the electronics, Like a Super AFC and AVR... I'm not gonna own either but a lot of people own them and it might be a good move for you. Or In Glove box gauge thingie...

P.S. YES A SPARK PLUG COVER!!! that doesnt cost a fortune..

Vented 1g hood for pop-ups w/out the hump. Just make it raised throughout.

A whole new gauge cluster frame/face. (1g) So we could remove the stock annoying one and replace with whatever the hell we please (52mm gauges, tachs, speedos... etc). Basically, a face cover with openings for 52mm gauges and maybe 5" tach and speedo openings. Maybe I'm being unrealistic. :confused:

Replacement mirrors, euro-style, where they have turn signals/side markers built-in. I haven't seen those for DSMs yet.

Covers for rear and front lights, where cut-outs are circle or ovals or what ever...

Lots and lots of add-on scoops for vented hood options.

Pre-93 Mustang Cobra-style rear wing. (That idea might be retarded).

A nice, maybe functional (cup holders :laugh: ) cover for empty space in the back (when you remove the rear useless seats). Two-piece would probably be better for manufacturing/shipping.

Nice battery tub for trunk-mount.

Trunk cover with holes, different sizes, ready for installing subs.

Shift knobs.

Ok, I'll stop before ideas become retarded.

CF headliner?

If you make a CF hatch and or Evo sytle hood for the 1G's that is easy to install and use glass not lexan (SP?) I will DEFENTLY buy one of each.

Also on the talon's Im not sure about the other sisters. the little grill on the front.. make that out of CF... and maybe a stock and or slightly more agressive (just larger mouth) front bumper out of CF.

The 1Gs need more pod options (steering column, dash surround), and you might consider fiberglas besides CF for those of us not much keen on "looky" (as opposed to lightening) CF.

Originally posted by Defiant
The 1Gs need more pod options (steering column, dash surround), and you might consider fiberglas besides CF for those of us not much keen on "looky" (as opposed to lightening) CF.

so far I will probably start tinking about the evo style hood for a 1g and 2g the only problem with the 1g is that there is two different hoods pop ups and no pop ups so I don't know which to make first hmm....:D . and if you don't care so much about the looks and more about the lightening ability you would want CF anyway because it is lighter than fiberglass and it is also stronger plus you can paint over the CF if you dont like the looks of it so much. thanks for all of your replies please keep them coming.

Originally posted by Sinner

so far I will probably start tinking about the evo style hood for a 1g and 2g the only problem with the 1g is that there is two different hoods pop ups and no pop ups so I don't know which to make first hmm....:D . and if you don't care so much about the looks and more about the lightening ability you would want CF anyway because it is lighter than fiberglass and it is also stronger plus you can paint over the CF if you dont like the looks of it so much. thanks for all of your replies please keep them coming.

Make the hood with pop ups first ;) :shhh:

how about a safc mount in your center panel that allows the hazards, rear defrost and rear wiper switch to remain where they are? almost like the one from www.carbonwerks.com but that doesnt stick out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back