The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Starter Plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcd

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2014
Fremont, Nebraska
So...

After putting the engine back into my car, I realized that I forgot to put the starter plate back between the engine and the tranny.

Could this be the reason why my car isn't starting?

Ive never done this but is it possible to put the engine on a hoist or a jack unbolt the engine from the tranny lifting just enough to get the plate in without damaging the splines, might have to loosen two or three motor mounts. Id probably play it safe and just pull the entire assembly?

Ive never done this but is it possible to put the engine on a hoist or a jack unbolt the engine from the tranny lifting just enough to get the plate in without damaging the splines, might have to loosen two or three motor mounts. Id probably play it safe and just pull the entire assembly?

Remove transmission. On FWD it really is easy after having done a few. Or a few dozen! I've done mine with floor jacks - not too bad. I have a transmission jack now and I feel spoiled. On AWD it's a little bit of a bigger pain, but not much. I find it much easier to drop FWD transmissions than 4WD 480LE's - Even though there's plenty of room on the 4wd. Don't forget your zip lock bags and sharpie to label those bolts :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back