The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

staging tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great movie, and some good tips, next time im out I'm going to have to play with the tree.

WARNING: 100% noob to track

I don't really see how that helps much? does this just mean that you have 14 inches to go before you will get called for a false start? so you can be moving at the beginning of the timer if you time it perfectly? maybe I should watch it again

YEah, basicly you stage at the at the very furtherst position possible. Nail it at the yellow just before the green. THis gives you some momentum from the start rather than trying to take off from a stand still position. It helps get your reaction times down pat and will mean all the difference in the worl in the quarter. Races are won and lost at the starting line.

so, pull up to the pre stage beam and stop. Then hop the brake until you juuust breat the stage beam. Nail it on yellow (this takes practice and tire pressure has much to do with how early or late you can launch)
You also want to make sure your in the 'groove'. If you can't see it, ask one of the starters where it is. This is the stickiest part of the track and will provide for less slippage. If your spinning but don't feel your overpowering, less tire presure will provide better grippage.

great tips. just like to add that if your air pressure is too low you will loose mph. (top speed) also if someone is going to a track that does not use a pro tree you will need to leave on the last yellow light, this tree is considerably slower. I remember the first time I went from this local 1/8th mile track to a good 1/4 track with a pro tree, I sat there and watched the lights fly down the tree with this "deer in headlights" look. I think I was there for like 10 minutes! .....................welll it seemed like it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back