The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

ss oil feed line 16g....stock banjo bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi4g63dohc

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2010
martinsburg, West_Virginia
i bought a ss oil feed line for my 16g from boneheadperformance..... well the banjob bolts it came with wont screw all the way into my turbo....it starts like 2 threads and id have to put force to tighten it down...feels like it would break...could i use my oem banjo bolt for it ???

I don't see why the OEM bolts wouldn't work. I got the same kit from Bonehead and it fit perfectly on my 14b. Are you sure you are using the correct bolt? The larger one is for the turbo and the smaller one is for the head.

Hope this helps!

yea i got the right bolts in the right location...i know im still a lurker LOL ....not that bad ....

ok ill try it out ...thanks guys.... i got a big 16g.....someone broke off the oil return line bolt inside the turbo....they tried to get it out...messed it up...can i have a shop weld over it and drill and thread a new hole????

Is the bolt still in there? If it is try to get it out with a bolt extractor, if you don't feel comfortable doing this you can take to a shop and they should be able to get it out for you.

If the bolt is out but the threads are messed up try running a tap down it to clean it it up. If that doesn't work you are going to need to buy a thread repair set like a helicoil. Basically you drill the hole larger, tap it, and insert a thread adapter.

Hope this helps!

I don't see how a helicoil could block off anything. Obviously tapping it would work best and thats what I recommended but it threads are destroyed beyond repair then you have to do something. Are you suggesting tapping it larger? That could be done, the OP would have to get a larger banjo bolt and probably a new hose end for his oil feed line.

I don't see how a helicoil could block off anything. Obviously tapping it would work best and thats what I recommended but it threads are destroyed beyond repair then you have to do something. Are you suggesting tapping it larger? That could be done, the OP would have to get a larger banjo bolt and probably a new hose end for his oil feed line.

no tap it the same size. ive done all this before. The threads need cleaning, theres probably part of the bolt stuck in the thread still. The helicoil has a bend at the end of it to make it stop and hold support when it goes in the threads. That section of the helicoil that goes across, will block off the pressure some. My friends had a helicoil in the head for the turbo oil feedline and it was eating turbos.

no tap it the same size. ive done all this before. The threads need cleaning, theres probably part of the bolt stuck in the thread still. The helicoil has a bend at the end of it to make it stop and hold support when it goes in the threads. That section of the helicoil that goes across, will block off the pressure some. My friends had a helicoil in the head for the turbo oil feedline and it was eating turbos.

I agree 100% and I've already said that twice. But if it the threads a destroyed beyond repair then something else has to be done. Yes I agree that just taping it will work the majority of the time, but I was presenting an option for a worst case scenario.

Also I don't see how losing a little pressure to the turbo would hurt anything because a lot of people install restrictors on their feed lines anyways. High oil pressure is what is usually known to kill turbos. Just looking at it from another side.

it looks like a piece is still in there...its hard to explain what it looks like...ill put a picture of it up later when im off work.....

okie dokie heres a pic

sorry for the blurriness

Attachments

• CIMG0064.jpg
    CIMG0064.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 194
  • CIMG0053.jpg
    CIMG0053.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 187
well heres the turbo...martins machine shop in inwood wv got it the ez out out of the hole......20 bucks....

Attachments

• CIMG0069.jpg
    CIMG0069.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 158
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back