The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SS exhaust for 98 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOctane

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2004
Towson, Maryland
Hey all,
I just got a 98 GSX and want to start the modding process and im doing all my research (I searched all the forums to try and find similar threads)....I used to have a 99 GS and loved the GReddy EvoII exhaust. It sounded great and looked less flashy then others.

Am i correct in that GReddy does not make exhausts for the GSX?

I have heard the comparable alternative is the Apexi N1 (which is louder :notgood: ) but i hear that the N1 is aluminized steel and not Stainless Steel. I would like the SS because i know with the 3" it must go UNDER the rear axle so i would like as much rust protection as possible.

Anyone know anything on this? Thanks

i have the apexi n1 catback exhaust system and mine is 3" and it runs over the rear suspension. and mine has not rusted at all and ive had it on the car for two years now. LOL :talon:

i dont have awd so it may have to run under the suspension on your car. but i do know that you can barely hear my car at idle. and everyone of my friends say i have the best sounding car around here. LOL its not to loud not to quiet so to speak.

I have the apexi n1 and it does go under the rear axle. I've had it for 2 years and dont see one sighn of rust. However, i would advise to get the megan cat back/downpipe. I will be upgrading from my apexi ni downpipe and catback to the megan downpipe and catback...

just go to an exhaust shop have them weld in what ever muffler you want size where it goes how it bends. all stainless and cheaper. you can do anything you want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back