The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

SS c/f hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

still i want to see a picture, cuz i think it will look good, but i could be wrong.

l6u9k6e9 said:
i could be wrong.
I'm telling you, man. Trust me. OEM or nothing.

(Try using the SHIFT key once in a while where appropriate. You'll get better answers.)
:shhh:

wow i asked if anyone has a picture and all i get is garbage,,, if i want to make my car look the way u like it i would have asked for that.

l6u9k6e9 said:
wow i asked if anyone has a picture and all i get is garbage,,, if i want to make my car look the way u like it i would have asked for that.
Don't mind me. Just trying to raise the bar is all. I'll let you soak up all that beaming enthusiasm now. :D

I have to support l6u9k6e9 on this... I'd love to see a picture of it installed... even if I don't like the color, choice of body kit, spoiler, anything that people have different opinions on, I try not to bash it. People have different taste and if someone has the hood installed, I'd love to see it even if I don't care for it.

l6u9k6e9 said:

then buy the hood, put it on your car and take a pic for the rest of us. i really dont think anyone has that hood on their eclipse and if they do, its probably only one or two people who probably wont even see this post. it could look all right if you put it on with a kit that flowed with the hood but i really doubt that it will look good at all. we are just stating our opinions which, last time i checked, we were allowed to do.

Chances are you'd want a carbon fiber hood made by VIS, for quality purposes. Especially if you plan on going turbo, expect to have your carbon fiber hood eating up. If you want a picture to see if anyone else has it, go post this in exterior/interior modifications.

somebody asked this same thing a couple weeks back on 2gnt...
this is the only pic of an ss hood installed

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i've never seen it on an eclipse but i am also curious as to how it would look

my friend wants that one....i dont like it in my opionion....but thats just me..he has a talon tsi awd and hes planning on converting it to look like an eclipse and he wants this hood...so when he does that then i can have a pic but ive never seen one on the net or anything that has this hood..

also....if noone has a pic of this on an eclipse and i see there is a pic of one on a camaro....then it looks like this is a job for the photoshoppers...

In my opinion, that hood won't look good on a DSM; it gives off too much of a "domestic" vibe, since it's an exact replica of the SS hoods. Nothing wrong with that, its just personal taste. Here are a few hoods that look good on DSMs:

Probably all custom work, excellently pulled off though:

ViS G-Speed hood...just came out, I'm lovin it (just like McDonalds)

Suncaost Creations ramair. Though I like vented hoods better, since they seem to fit the "import car persona" better, but some ram air style hoods are cool:

Keystone good hood:

And ofcourse, the Invader style ViS:

Sorry about the rambling, I just wanted you to know that there are other choices that would look better on your car! But in the end, go for whatever you want, thats what its all about!

Wow, every other hood than what he asked for. :confused:

Anywho, no one has been daring enough to put one on yet, and I've been dying to see it, hence the no picture action.

I would like to see what it looks like... it could look cool, but does have a bit too much of that "domestic" feel to it. I know we're domestic, not ricers, but our car style isn't domestic.

I've been wondering what type of hood I wanna get for a long time, haven't found anything I like very much, I guess I'll stay stock until then.

i love that custom hood, it might be enough to sway me from the ss hood, but can anyone photoshop that hood onto an eclipse? So we can get an idead of how it actually looks. Anyone know where to get that custom hood? Is anyone selling it or is it just custom :(

photoshop from 2gnt

shpyder said:
And ofcourse, the Invader style ViS:

Sorry about the rambling, I just wanted you to know that there are other choices that would look better on your car! But in the end, go for whatever you want, thats what its all about!

HOLY CRAP!!! is that your car i've been wondering for the last few weeks if anyone had ever put a turbo wing on a spyder and that's the first one i've seen that looks sweet

That photo shop does not do it justice, i think its well flat, then again not many pictures out of this hood. Ty anyway.

Not on a DSM, but you can get a feel for how it looks...

I think that there is a good chance that it will look good. Anyhow it would be cool the be the only one driving around with that perticular hood.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back