The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SRT4 or GSX/TSI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oDANo

Probationary Member
Dec 28, 2011
Norfolk, Virginia
Hey guys, so I was looking to get my son a graduation/bootcamp present. It came down between an SRT4 or a GSX/TSI as title states. Anyway, I found an '05 SRT4 w/ 52k Miles for $8,000, I've been really tryna find a clean auto trans DSM, but it's not working out. So I was thinking of finding a clean auto trans shell, and getting someone to 6 bolt swap it. Lastly, would it be easier, if I just find a built DSM, and do a auto connversion?

Thanks for reading guys

------EDIT-----------------

Looking into 5 speeds as well, auto's are hard to find, and conversions cost alot haha.

Last edited:
DSM all the way baby!!! I mean, SRT4's are awesome vehicles, don't get me wrong, but I would not trade my dsm for anything. Besides, front wheel fail is not the way to go :)

He know's how to drive 5 speed, but since DSM's have the option of auto, he said he preferred it, since his line of work deals with driving in traffic alot.

I've had both and if I had to pick between the 2 for a daily driver I would absolutely go with the SRT-4. They are much newer, less age on the parts, and if you take care of them they are very reliable. Just make sure you find one that's been well taken care of.

there's an '05 with 56k miles for $8000 at a dealer by my house actually. I prefer the look of the dsm's though haha

I agree with the automatic trans idea, I prefer a manual, but every time I go to Pittsburgh and get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic I wish I could switch LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back