The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

srt-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by zac83
we've ran mid 12s on the stock pilots with an 03 SRT4 about half a year ago. Its gone a very long way since then too...

We're pushing 360 horses and 390 torque :thumb:

what turbo and mods did you have when you ran this time?Trap speed? There was a big thread on the srtforums about running 12's on stock rubber, but no one could do it. What ya got on that srt4 now, those are some pretty good numbers.

we've ran mid 12s on the stock pilots with an 03 SRT4 about half a year ago. Its gone a very long way since then too...

We're pushing 360 horses and 390 torque :thumb:

Are you refering to Steven Anderson?

AGP makes a complete kit for them now. If I was gonna buy a car today that would be the one.

Originally posted by white92talontsi
bone stock srt-4 vs bone stock 92 tsi awd?????? who will win the 1320?

Answer to the original question: Bone stock for bone stock, no DSM will win at any time/distance vs an SRT-4. A stock SRT-4 comes stock with more displacement & a 16g turbo and I believe the car dinos at 233 whp which means that the car makes more hp than Chrysler claims. It's the best bang for the buck you can buy. I know it sucks that you can be had by a 4-door Neon but reliability has not yet been proven in these cars and Dodge has a poor track record with past turbocharged engines and I should know as I owned a ShelbyZ Daytona POS in the late 80's and if you think DSMs aren't reliable.........

03 Cobra might be a better bang for the buck, or a Vette...but for 20k the SRT4 OWNS

Thats steve's car allright.... NO nitrous. Its got an upgraded compressor housing, PSI FI powerpaq (an AFC and 3 BAR map sensor rolled into one), return fuel system, about 10 sets of motor mounts :), and 3 inch turbo-back. We've just about pushed the upgraded compressor housing to the limit. We're going with a PSI FI manifold and a 66 trim ball bearing turbo. The story dosn't end with the stock turbo tho, we've got some porting/exhaust side upgrades for the stock turbo also - they're going to be done on another car tho. We've made nearly 50 more horespower than ANY other SRT4 with a stock turbo, nitrous or not. It broke a 12.8 on stock pilots when it was running with 300 horses and 320 torque.

If they prove them selfs reliable, which i doubt they will do. For what they cost, Im not so sure I wouldn't want one. In a yr or so. If nothing else would make a good daily driver while you build the DSM into a weekend monster :thumb:

Thats steve's car allright.... NO nitrous. Its got an upgraded compressor housing, PSI FI powerpaq (an AFC and 3 BAR map sensor rolled into one), return fuel system, about 10 sets of motor mounts :), and 3 inch turbo-back. We've just about pushed the upgraded compressor housing to the limit. We're going with a PSI FI manifold and a 66 trim ball bearing turbo. The story dosn't end with the stock turbo tho, we've got some porting/exhaust side upgrades for the stock turbo also - they're going to be done on another car tho. We've made nearly 50 more horespower than ANY other SRT4 with a stock turbo, nitrous or not. It broke a 12.8 on stock pilots when it was running with 300 horses and 320 torque.

Hmm, that's interesting as Steven just bought our kit.

ok i have a 91 gsx stock and i have raced a srt4 a pleathera of times and it is the same kid everytime and i smoke him all the time by about a car and a half now i dont know if the kid just sucks at shifting but if how many times we have raced he still doesnt come close

ok i have a 91 gsx stock and i have raced a srt4 a pleathera of times and it is the same kid everytime and i smoke him all the time by about a car and a half now i dont know if the kid just sucks at shifting but if how many times we have raced he still doesnt come close

I don't think there is a compressor housing upgrade. I think you upgrade the wheel. Zane, you might want to go ask Tommy or David for the details about Steven's car.

Originally posted by ItsStockOfficer
03 Cobra might be a better bang for the buck, or a Vette...but for 20k the SRT4 OWNS

No disrepect to the SRT-4 but...
I think I would save up (or borrow) another 5grand for an SRT-4 a$$ kicking EVO8.

Originally posted by RiceKiller_TSi
No disrepect to the SRT-4 but...
I think I would save up (or borrow) another 5grand for an SRT-4 a$$ kicking EVO8.

Good choice. :thumb:

i would WAY rather have evo, but where the hell can you get an evo for 25k? i see them going for more like 30k everywhere.

EVO8 = msrp 27k or find a nice used one under 9k miles 21k-24k

or wait till fall and get the volkswagen golf r32 AWD:) 28k:|

Srt-4's motor is Nothing like the g54b in a starion. The 2.4 is more like the 420a. The turbo manifold is even said to bolt on. only problem is its on the wrong side. I have one and I'll say that they are some bad cars. Several people have gotten into the mid 13's stock, with a 04 model. They wheel hop something fierce. I have ran several stangs and camaros and taken down all but one. No one around here has a bad DSM. I have to say, with a good set of motor mounts, a WGA and other simple mods, srt's have ran 12's. I'm waiting on mopar stage 2 kit. The wastegate acuator's spring is much to soft and boost will spike to around 18-19 and settle around 15 until redline. If the guy was driving the srt right a slightly moded eclipse has no chance.

Laterz

Originally posted by chriw21_2000
The wastegate acuator's spring is much to soft
Laterz

And that is why we sell this:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

stock vs stock a dsm gets wasted but once the mods start its anybodys game.

I must say, that if these cars do turn out to be reliable then i will snag one up for sure. After i saw Ben's sr-t I started noticing them a lot.. I had been to the track several times and seen 2-3 sr-t's all runnign from 13.6-lower 14's bone stock! There was also a guy in a wrx with a BOV ONLY runnign 13.5's which i was pretty impressed with (even though this has no relevance)...

I saw a bone stock srt dyno 226whp in ~90* phoenix heat when i was there with my Talon and had to laugh as I remebered Chrysler rating them at like 200 or something...hehe

Anyway, i jsut thought id chime in with some props for the srt's! So far I am VERY impressed and am (as mentioned above) waiting to see how they hold up in reliability for the long term..

I would wait for the 2nd or 3rd year of these vehicles manufacturing life as most of the kinks will be ironed out and various tweaks will be made.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back