The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

SRT-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline-Tweak

Proven Member
Nov 11, 2012
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
I have a 1995 Eagle Talon ESi. It has the 420a engine in it and it keeps giving me problems. It's front wheel drive 5speed. I'm sick of the 420a and really don't wanna go the 4g63 route. But I heard the neon shares the same 420a. But they also have the SRT 4. Would I be able to build a SRT 4 and would it mount up? What would I have to change out or add on? I refuse to get rid of the car. I just want it more reliable.

But would the mounts be different? I read that that guy had issues in the thread above but if the neon can use the 420a why would it be difficult to mount up? I don't mind the hood fabrication.

But would the mounts be different? I read that that guy had issues in the thread above but if the neon can use the 420a why would it be difficult to mount up? I don't mind the hood fabrication.

The engines are somewhat similar, but are not the same thing. The srt4 engine doesn't really share any parts with the older 420a style engine. The passenger engine mount is a different design, the turbo is on the back of the engine and the intake on the front. You will spend quite a bit more trying to do this than you would just throwing some forged internals in your 420a and bolting a turbo setup on it with megasquirt efi. One thing i want to point out here. You are looking to do this to add reliability? Your non turbo 420a will be a thousand times more reliable than any turbo engine will ever be. What kind of issues are you having with it? Sounds like it has been poorly maintained if you are having that many issues.

It been up at the shop for a week now and they finally got to it. They didn't give me a full diagnosis but what happened originally is that my timing belt slipped and bent 2 intake valves on cylinder 4. I replaced the valves and bent timing pulley and now it blew the head gasket but it was giving me problems like starting up and Idling. I'm wondering if a bent cam is a possibility

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back