The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G SRS light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well the most common wire in the steering wheel that will set the SRS light is for the airbag. If you just Bypass that wire to itself and have a complete circuit you should be fine. Then tuck it away

Well the most common wire in the steering wheel that will set the SRS light is for the airbag. If you just Bypass that wire to itself and have a complete circuit you should be fine. Then tuck it away
I actually cut all my wires when the light came on I just took the light off the cluster I'm just not sure if doing this will mess with my passenger air back

It shouldn't because they are two different pressure circuits. The way the system works on our cars is there impact sensors behind the front bumper. When impacted hard enough it sends signals to that airbag and then it is deployed. So even if you only have the passenger airbag it will still deploy if the sensor is hit even if the light is on. Now the only way it wont is if the bag is faulty. You wont be able to tell because the light is already on. Each airbag sends a signal to the SES ECU and that turns the light on or off. That's why I mentioned jumping the wire together so it thinks that there is still a bag in the circuit.

You would have to place a resistor in the connector with the same amount of resistance as the airbag assembly, or you could do what someone else mentioned by removing the airbag light from the cluster.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way of clearing it is to hook up a scantool. Generic code readers cannot clear the light. This is at least true for 2gs when I read it on ALLData at my shop

The way I jumped mine so the light to go away was I took the sensor off an old broken clockspring I had laying around and tied it into the wire circuit. Then just tucked everything away up under the dash and you cant even tell anything was done. Oh had to add about 4 inches of wire to make it a little longer to reach the dash.

The way I jumped mine so the light to go away was I took the sensor off an old broken clockspring I had laying around and tied it into the wire circuit. Then just tucked everything away up under the dash and you cant even tell anything was done. Oh had to add about 4 inches of wire to make it a little longer to reach the dash.
do I tie this to the wiring ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 390
Doesn't affect hand break. I'll post a pic later of what it looks like, it hs a big yellow cable going to it. You can remove the center console if you want you may or may not have to i don't remember but you can see it under the cup holder

You'll need to keep the bracket though on it. Just remove the box, or unplug it if you wanna keep it where it is.

Doesnt agfect hand break. I'll post a pic later of what it looks like, it hs a big yellow cable going to it. You can remove the center console if you want you may or may not have to i dont remember but you can see it under the cup holder

oh okay ill just wait on the picture LOL and how did you end up getting the steering wheel horn hooked up i can't figure out a way

oh okay ill just wait on the picture LOL and how did you end up getting the steering wheel horn hooked up i can't figure out a way
Ive got an evo 9 wheel, i didn't hook up the horn but i think it's just a ground wire of some sort. My car doesnt see much street any more so in in weight reduction mode

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back