The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G SRS Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonstop7

Probationary Member
Oct 9, 2006
Oceanside, California
I switched bolth air bags from a 98 gsx into my 95 talon now i got the SRS light....any suggestions?

Does your horn still function? I took out my airbag for something or another, and when I re-installed everything, the SRS light flipped on and my horn wasn't working. I had damaged the clockspring, the device that allows wires to be ran through the wheel without the risk of damage due to the wheel turning during normal driving. This is something I would check, I found a replacement clockspring on eBay for about $25 that fixed the horn problem (although it didn't kill the light). Also check that you haven't bent one of the pins on the electrical connector to the airbag (tall, white plug that plugs into two pins in the center of the back side of the airbag).

Either of these things may not reset the light, I've heard for several that since the airbag is run off of its own computer and not the ECU, that disconnecting the battery will not reset the light and that it must be done through the dealer, which, I'm sad to say, was about $70 when I called for an estimate. I'm still here with a thrown SRS light, haven't gotten around to carting it to the dealer to get it switched off.

I will give it a shot. As for paying to get it reset...does you guys know if it will work with the light on? not to sound ignorant.

nonstop7 said:
I will give it a shot. As for paying to get it reset...does you guys know if it will work with the light on? not to sound ignorant.

Yes it will still function. Its just like a "Engine check" light, except its for your air bags. You car will run with the check light on but its just telling you, that you have some kind of problem with your air bag. I just removed the bulb from behind the gauge cluster, because I didn't feel like paying to have it cleared.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back