The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volkan-Eclipse

Probationary Member
Nov 25, 2018
Kempten, Europe
Hello Guys! for the best i start at the beginning so.. Last winter i kept my car my friends place nice and secure from the evil salt haha, anyway in that time i decided to do some things with the car one of the changes was the Evo steering wheel swap most DSM'ers do, the Car was of course disconnected from the battery for months when we did that
soldered the right connector in so it would fit the Evo airbag) from there it was all fine no problems everything worked fine.

and now Few weeks ago i told my friend if he please could checkout my steering wheel because it wasn't straight (that's another story tho) anyway he of course disconnected the Airbag plug (battery was still on the car) and since this Day the SRS light won't go away, since he works at a Mitsubishi Workshop he of course tried to read it out but i can't Access it, kinda like the airbag doesn't even exist? so my question here is did anyone else had this issue and what could i do to fix this? i heard some guys i could try to swap the airbag control Unit my friend told me it could also be the 'slip ring'?

Any help would be appreciated! my personal though on this really is the airbag now see's itself as blown already?
Thanks!:)

Here's how I fixed my SRS issues:
1: Remove instrument cluster
2: Remove SRS bulb
3: Drink beer and relax

i thought about this many times but idk i would rather have it solved another way but this might be my last shot if really nothing can be done..

i thought about this many times but idk i would rather have it solved another way but this might be my last shot if really nothing can be done..
My issue was that I replaced the steering wheel with a non-airbag QD wheel, so there was no way to reset the SRS light and keep it off. I believe that the SRS module is separate from the OBD-2 system and needs a specialized reader to read and reset the faults, but I may be wrong.

You need a real scan tool. Not a basic obd ii reader. A full function scan tool will allow you to access the body modules and delete the srs code.

You need a real scan tool. Not a basic obd ii reader. A full function scan tool will allow you to access the body modules and delete the srs code.

It was a 'real scan tool' as i said friend of mine works in a mitsubishi dealer/workshop and they have the proper one of course wasn't just an OBD II reader or anything like that but still no chance to enter the airbag unit which worked before just fine ( before the light went on)

It was a 'real scan tool' as i said friend of mine works in a mitsubishi dealer/workshop and they have the proper one of course wasn't just an OBD II reader or anything like that but still no chance to enter the airbag unit which worked before just fine ( before the light went on)

To test and determine if the clock spring is the culprit you can bypass it completely. Jump the airbag harness pre clock spring with a 2.2k ohm resistor then rescan the module.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back