The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G SRS dash light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VPrime

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 5, 2006
Lonon, ON_Canada
Hi, I just got my car back today from a local dsm shop for not starting.
They replaced the Crank sensor but now I got a SRS (air bag?) light on my dash? They said that they didn't touch any thing related to the air bags, and it may just be some glitch and to try and disconnect the battery for a bit. That didn't work.

Now I have 2 questions about the situation:
1) Are there fault codes for the SRS light be read (like how a CEL will give a code)?
2) If not how could I Clear the light?

Car is a 95 Talon TSi AWD.

Thanks.:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got my car the light was on. I just disconnected the whole system. If you take off the center armrest piece you can unplug it. There is a metal box under there that is similar in size to the ecu. It should have a yellow plug in it. Just pull it out. Other than that I dont know.

I had to take off my drivers airbag when doing the horn button fix and afterward my light came on. I tried and you cannot read or clear it with a data logger. Only the dealer has a really large "special" diagnostic tool that can clear it. Go in and be nice and friendly, flirt with the secretary and tell the tech hes a genius and they'll do it for free, it takes less the 30 seconds.

hmm il se if they cna do it when i get my recall done :D
thanks a lot :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back