The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

srs airbag

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitzEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2002
Kearny, New_Jersey
dam... a while ago i was takin my shift tach 5 inch out of my car and i didnt notice my friend connected the power to the airbag wire... so when the car turns on the tach also turns on... anyways

i left the air bag wire hanging and it hit medal... and it caused a spark to go and my srs light to come on.. what hsould i do.. i think i blew a fuse i cant find it

This happened to me a while ago. I disconnected the airbag from the steering wheel without disconnecting the battery. You will need to take it to a shop or SATAN and have them clear the SRS light.

dude,always disconect the battery when removing the airbag, that spark u caused was enough to set it off.FINGER WEG. ever seen or heard one go off by accidet(while working on the car) i have and my budz whowas stting on the passenger side wont forget it either,no one got hurt but the windshield got busted and my friend was acting kinda funny for a few weeks,(refused to sit up front in any car)sorry if this sounds like your in laws telling u better but that thing is high explosiv.

dammm.... im still mad man... i cant see what the problem is...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back