The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

squeeking noise under the hood, heeeeelp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonio_bigbob

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2002
edmonton, Edmonton_Canada
hey guys, i got a very embarassing problem here. k, first off, i got a 1992 dodge stealth r/t with 130k KM. im posting here cuz dsm guys know eeeverything and respond fast. well i just washed my engine the other day, and i did everything properly. the engine was not hot, it was the slightest bit warm (i heard thats the best way to clean an engine, not hot, just a bit warm). i covered all the electrical things with tin foil. then i used an automotive degreaser, let it set for a few minutes, sprayed the engine with a hose, sprayed more degreaser, and scrubbed. i then dried the engine with a shammy and started it up to let the rest dry off by the heat of the engine. it turned out really really nice and clean, sparkly even. but now i gots a problem, one of my belts squeeks sooooooo soo much while im idling. its soo loud. its a constant squeek. im thinking it could be one of two things, either i washed off all the lubrication of the belts, or sumthing came lose. im a newbie, so dont yell at me if i did sumthing really stupid, but ya, i need advice asap, thanks alot guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back