The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Sqeaky POS 2g Door Panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodent

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Getting tired of my 2g door panels always squeaking when you put the slightest amount of pressure on them. Having them off the car, they're multiple pieces screwed/glued together. All the screws are tight.

Has anyone been able to get most of the sqeaking to go away?

I was thinking of glueing all the seams and cracks with some super strong glue on the inside. Was thinking Epoxy or something like Gorilla glue or Liquid Nail. Thoughts?

Tried to search on this and found nothing.

I have some Dynamat behind mine, not as much as I would like to have. But because the stuff is expensive.
I only have a little square on each panel.
It definitely helps with the "sounds" coming from the door panel.
I know that there is stuff just like Dynamat that you can buy way cheaper, so do some good searching on "sound deading material" ,
if you decide to go that route.

I'm not so sure if Dynamat would help with the squeaking since much its coming from the door panel itself. Mostly from the cracks/seams where the pieces contact each other. I was thinking of doing the dynamat in addition just to cut down on road noise, along with the floor and back trunk area.

I may do a test on an older 2g panel I have laying around.

Try sprinkling some talcum/baby powder over the back of the panel, all around where any parts join together. Then move and bend it a bit to get the powder between the joints.

No this is not a joke, this is a remedy for squeaking wooden floors and it may work on this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back