The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Thread? *PICS*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
Maybe I missed it...but couldn't find one (SUPRISINGLY). So figured id start one if one doesn't exist. It is my gfs car, 1997 Auto GST, in which we paid $800 for through a friend who I actually sold parts for this car L O L. It had been sitting since he had no time for it, it had a rebuilt motor, EvoII 16g, and brand new tires. I threw on some tasteful bolt ons I had laying around (MBC, hard pipes, BOV, Catback, suspension), along with some Rota Slipstreams with brand new tires that I got from a friend for $250..along with an almost new "Punishment Racing" FMIC for $30 extra...which came with a new 255 pump, Gates Racing blue timing belt, Gates Racing blue PS belt, RC 550s, Megan short shifter (Her car is auto, but was free with purchase:p) and a new aluminum Honda halfsized radiator with new Mishimoto slim fan included in the package :) . Figured Id throw that info in just because it was a STEAL OF A DEAL! L O L Total invested to the car to date is probably around $1200..not too bad :cool: Will be adding another lip soon, since the infamous eBay one got owned by railroad tracks, and some engine bay goodies.

I've been a DSMer for about 13 years now, and currently have a few DSMs, so her deciding to jump into the DSM world wasn't a big deal for me since I own too many and wrench on them too much LOL. She hated driving when she met me, but now ever since her owning this car, she LOVES it. I'm just the person painting her picture. She's slowly learning and helping out with stuff as I go along :)

POST YOUR SPYDER!!!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Always up for some Spyder love!
1998 GS-T 5 speed, dead stock, except for a K&N cone filter, removed boost restrictor, 17x8 Motegi TrakLites in bronze, GSX brakes with D/S calipers and a few other little things.
One of the funnest cars I've ever owned...

One of my favorites of my car from about 10 years ago. This was right after I installed the HKS 272s and Punishment Racing fmic.

From mexico

AWD, 6 bolt swapped, and Auto.

A few visual things have changed since I took that picture, but really it's just the addition of a (currently unpainted) Kazetech Racerx Speed Cover (extremely rare).

The car has been through a number of iterations over the years and is just about in it's final form. The quick-list of mods are:

2GB Talon swap | AWD & Auto swap | 2.3L » 7-Bolt 100mm OE Crank » Wiseco pistons » 6-bolt Eagle rods | Comp 101200s » Manley springs & retainers » HKS gears » Kiggly HLA | Billet 8-blade HX35 » .55ar BEP | 1g TB » EvoIII intake » FP Manifold » Tial BOV & WG | Walbro 450HP » PTE1000s » Aeromotive regulator | Dry fogger | Link v3

It goes on the dyno in a few weeks for final tuning and the paint work will be wrapped up shortly after.

There is a MASSIVE build thread I've kept up with over the years. It's currently at 41 pages and I think I just broke the 700 picture mark last week or so.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236061

Well I guess I should add one, even though it gets zero love and rarely even gets the cover off of it and just sits in the yard with grass and weeds growing up on it.

Well I guess I should add one, even though it gets zero love and rarely even gets the cover off of it and just sits in the yard with grass and weeds growing up on it.
It seems its been in its natural environment then :p L O L

Guess ill throw in a few pics --- I bought it - didn't build it. GSX Spyder

Last edited:
My goal was a DD with some subtle mods to put a smile on my face when I drive it. It was rescued from its near-death experience four years ago.

You can read my build thread for the rehabilitation process.

Most people who see our DSMs have no idea what we have been through to repair, restore and modify these cars. Only fellow DSMers can understand.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/sun-burned-’99-spyder-gs-revived.483010/

A few visual things have changed since I took that picture, but really it's just the addition of a (currently unpainted) Kazetech Racerx Speed Cover (extremely rare).

The car has been through a number of iterations over the years and is just about in it's final form. The quick-list of mods are:

2GB Talon swap | AWD & Auto swap | 2.3L » 7-Bolt 100mm OE Crank » Wiseco pistons » 6-bolt Eagle rods | Comp 101200s » Manley springs & retainers » HKS gears » Kiggly HLA | Billet 8-blade HX35 » .55ar BEP | 1g TB » EvoIII intake » FP Manifold » Tial BOV & WG | Walbro 450HP » PTE1000s » Aeromotive regulator | Dry fogger | Link v3

It goes on the dyno in a few weeks for final tuning and the paint work will be wrapped up shortly after.

There is a MASSIVE build thread I've kept up with over the years. It's currently at 41 pages and I think I just broke the 700 picture mark last week or so.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236061

Wow! Your car is looking great! I haven’t been able to log in to DSMTalk in a long time, so I’ve beeen curious how your build is going.

Just out of curiosity, what FMIC do you have? Is it an ETS?

Last edited:
My goal was a DD with some subtle mods to put a smile on my face when I drive it. It was rescued from its near-death experience four years ago.

You can read my build thread for the rehabilitation process.

Most people who see our DSMs have no idea what we have been through to repair, restore and modify these cars. Only fellow DSMers can understand.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/sun-burned-’99-spyder-gs-revived.483010/
People dont CARE how much time you have in anything, thats the real problem, which is why they have no problem opening a car door onto your fender that you have $300 worth of body shop work in to get it perfect, if its a beat 83' Vette or Camaro they will stay away from it, but they will think nothing of disrespecting your mint '99 Dsm, in fact they will go out of their way to park next to it out in the middle of nowhere so that they can have their kids open doors onto it and push stray buggies up against it.

I would love to do a hidden camera show where I park a nice car somewhere out in the middle of a parking lot and then video the person going out of their way to park next to it and then walk up and surprise/bust them and find out what they were thinking in a nice long interview and in fact when they damage the car with a buggy or door ding have a few cops there to write it up so their insurance or husband can cough up about $5-$8k to repaint the entire car.

Here is mine, I’ve had it since 2001 and has gone through alot. No one cares about DSMs but DSMers its ok though :hellyeah:

Attachments

• D934300F-3CF7-41F9-B792-C74797D0422F.jpeg
    D934300F-3CF7-41F9-B792-C74797D0422F.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 7365C183-7DBF-42CE-BC78-F398000013B6.jpeg
    7365C183-7DBF-42CE-BC78-F398000013B6.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 92
  • EF30043E-8F81-4DCB-AEAB-0035874460CD.jpeg
    EF30043E-8F81-4DCB-AEAB-0035874460CD.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 4056CDE2-6A8E-47D7-8A01-CF60E97C2EDE.jpeg
    4056CDE2-6A8E-47D7-8A01-CF60E97C2EDE.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 8A1E4D1E-EAFB-42B3-B5FF-7442300AF03B.jpeg
    8A1E4D1E-EAFB-42B3-B5FF-7442300AF03B.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 84
My 98 Awd 2gb Talon manual Swapped Spyder :)

People dont CARE how much time you have in anything, thats the real problem, which is why they have no problem opening a car door onto your fender that you have $300 worth of body shop work in to get it perfect, if its a beat 83' Vette or Camaro they will stay away from it, but they will think nothing of disrespecting your mint '99 Dsm, in fact they will go out of their way to park next to it out in the middle of nowhere so that they can have their kids open doors onto it and push stray buggies up against it.

I would love to do a hidden camera show where I park a nice car somewhere out in the middle of a parking lot and then video the person going out of their way to park next to it and then walk up and surprise/bust them and find out what they were thinking in a nice long interview and in fact when they damage the car with a buggy or door ding have a few cops there to write it up so their insurance or husband can cough up about $5-$8k to repaint the entire car.

You ok bud? Kidding, I know your frustration with this.

@Doubleot @DogWhistle
Nice cars guys, really dig the 2gb talon swap!

My 98 Awd 2gb Talon manual Swapped Spyder :)

God I love this car! Your build thread is going to be my Bible when I get into the AWD swap. You've even got me contemplating a Talon swap, LOL! Great Job!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back