The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Spyder rear quarter window removal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heres something for us Spyder guys. I looked around on here to see if it was difficult to remove the rear quarter window and didn't really find any info on it. Just a couple threads about problems with them, none on removal. So here we go.

It really wasn't as difficult as I expected.

All you'll need is:
10 + 12mm socket
17mm socket
6'' extension really helps
Phillips screw driver
and an allen set

1) Pop the trunk to pull off the rear trim (6 screws) then you can pull off the outer window trim.
462982[/ATTACH]"]
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2) Then, you'll need to remove the rear seats and the applicable side interior panel. Don't forget the screw under the speaker cover. You will also need to remove the lower seat belt bolts so you can take the whole panel off. Thats where the 17mm comes in! Heres what you should see!
462984[/ATTACH]"]

3) Now that you have the interior panel off its time for some good stuff! There is a metal bracket and inside window trim that should be removed. There are two 10mm nuts that hold these on and they just slip off the studs.
462986[/ATTACH]"]

Removed.
462988[/ATTACH]"]

4) Pull the piece of the soft top away that is covering up out next step.
462990[/ATTACH]"]

5) Now that the top is out of the way you should see the little mechanism that actually moves the window up and down. Sorry I dont have the correct term for this piece. Pop this off the "pivot ball"..
462992[/ATTACH]"]

462994[/ATTACH]"]

The window should be able to slide up and down the track freely now.

6) Now, remove the three nuts that hold the window assembly in.
462996[/ATTACH]"]

Take note of the top-forward adjustable stud. You may have to adjust this in to be able to fit the assembly out of the hole like I did.
462998[/ATTACH]"]

463000[/ATTACH]"]

7) Now remove the window assembly!! I found it easier to start with the window down, once the top studs were out to pull the window up. Then swing the bottom of the assembly to the rear.

DONE!!!

Hope this helps some guys out!

Attachments

• rw12.jpg
    rw12.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 497
  • rw13.jpg
    rw13.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 685
  • rw3.jpg
    rw3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 321
  • rw1.jpg
    rw1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 566
  • rearwindow.jpg
    rearwindow.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 514
  • rw8.jpg
    rw8.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 300
  • rw7.jpg
    rw7.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 420
  • rw6.jpg
    rw6.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 298
  • rw4.jpg
    rw4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 321
  • rw5-1.png
    rw5-1.png
    152 KB · Views: 273
  • rw10.jpg
    rw10.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 270
  • rw11.jpg
    rw11.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 258
Hi! Is it 💯 necessary to remove the “pivot ball” ans if it is, how do you remove it? Having a very hard time getting it off! Can’t imagine getting it back on!!! Help! Thanks!

Does the replacement glass have to fit 💯?? because the hole alignment is slight off and not allowing the glass to fit perfectly in the holder.

Heres something for us Spyder guys. I looked around on here to see if it was difficult to remove the rear quarter window and didn't really find any info on it. Just a couple threads about problems with them, none on removal. So here we go.

It really wasn't as difficult as I expected.

All you'll need is:
10 + 12mm socket
17mm socket
6'' extension really helps
Phillips screw driver
and an allen set

1) Pop the trunk to pull off the rear trim (6 screws) then you can pull off the outer window trim.
462982[/ATTACH]"]

2) Then, you'll need to remove the rear seats and the applicable side interior panel. Don't forget the screw under the speaker cover. You will also need to remove the lower seat belt bolts so you can take the whole panel off. Thats where the 17mm comes in! Heres what you should see!
462984[/ATTACH]"]

3) Now that you have the interior panel off its time for some good stuff! There is a metal bracket and inside window trim that should be removed. There are two 10mm nuts that hold these on and they just slip off the studs.
462986[/ATTACH]"]

Removed.
462988[/ATTACH]"]

4) Pull the piece of the soft top away that is covering up out next step.
462990[/ATTACH]"]

5) Now that the top is out of the way you should see the little mechanism that actually moves the window up and down. Sorry I dont have the correct term for this piece. Pop this off the "pivot ball"..
462992[/ATTACH]"]

462994[/ATTACH]"]

The window should be able to slide up and down the track freely now.

6) Now, remove the three nuts that hold the window assembly in.
462996[/ATTACH]"]

Take note of the top-forward adjustable stud. You may have to adjust this in to be able to fit the assembly out of the hole like I did.
462998[/ATTACH]"]

463000[/ATTACH]"]

7) Now remove the window assembly!! I found it easier to start with the window down, once the top studs were out to pull the window up. Then swing the bottom of the assembly to the rear.

DONE!!!

Hope this helps some guys out!
Hey I found your post finally someone talking about this problem so how do you get the window back in I can't get it to pop back on that little ball. It's very frustrating I spent hours trying to pop that thing back on and it will not go back on and you can't get pliers behind it. Any trick to popping that back on that you know maybe mine's bent or just warped appreciate the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back