The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Spyder owners - Headliner Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greddy_1700

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2006
Regina, SK_Canada
Hey,

Just recently had my top replaced, and the shop I had do it claims there is a leftover piece from the headliner that they cant figure out. My car did not have a headliner, so I cant comment.

There is a large rectangular piece of the headliner left over that looks like it may go under the rear window? Can anyone confirm if there is a piece there? If you have any pictures that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Garret.

Hey Garret I actually have a headliner in mine goes all the way from the front to around the rear window and everything but mine seems to be one piece I don't see any seem in it kinda like Velcro that holds it up there to

Interesting. I will get a picture of the piece I have left over. Its about 4ft x 1ft in size, has cut outs for ~6 screws along one long edge, and two elastic straps on the other long edge. Seems odd that this would get shipped with my headliner if there is no spot for it, but I just dont see any obvious place for it. Any chance you could snap some photos of the headliner around the rear window?

Thanks,

Garret.

Sure can bud sun's alittle bright coming thru the window hope that helps if not I can take some better ones later on for you when I get home

Attachments

• 15659684942363818178911577128078.jpg
    15659684942363818178911577128078.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 46
Sounds great, thanks for doing that. My new headliner looks exactly like yours, runs down the sides of the rear window, but doesnt seem to go below it or anything. Curious haha.

Yea I don't see any peices below the window kind of just ends on each side of it.possibly maybe a repair peice they give u if it ever got ripped or something the only other thing I can think of is maybe the 3g and 2g tops are similar except for that piece

I just replaced my top on a 3g and the headliner looks like the picture Jay_gst97 posted . The sides come down to the bottom and there is snaps to attach to the well liner . I do not see any use for the extra material that you got . I have installed a number of head liners and never ran into this extra piece your talking about.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back